Piercings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piercings

I was just wondering if any of you have them and if they give you any trouble like with mri's and such.
    Thank you.

I had 25 when I first started getting MRIs and had to take everything out each time.

I have since removed all of them slowly over the past few years because I just can't stand the feel of anything close to me anymore.

Comment

Other than ears, no, but my daughter does. For her MRI she bought plastic replacements that have no metal.
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I have only pierced ears so it's really easy to just not wear earrings for the couple of hours it takes to get my MRI's.

You absolutely cannot wear any metal during an MRI! You MUST remove all metallic jewelry. If you remove it all, no problemo! Don't even think about not doing it!

Comment

still there, didn't rip my head apart

I tried to get my ear piercings out when my boss shot me a look before I started teaching. I tried to get my friend to get them out. I had my first MRI when I had a monstrous fibroid imaged. A few nurses tried, and then said "hold on." They got a nurse who was tatted up with multiple piercings and she couldn't get them out either, so they put white tape over them.

When I got my MS MRIs I said, "just cut them off, I want them gone." The one on my antihelix the nurse said "it just came right off." Then a few of them tried to get the treg one out and finally, yup, taped over it as well. I brought the other stainless steel ring home in a cup. I guess it's not a big deal, your dental fillings don't rotate through your brain like pieces of shrapnel.

Comment

I have a nose stud. I usually take it out but once had a tech tell me not to worry about it.

Comment

I replaced my nose stud with a retainer during my MRI, and the ones in my ears were made of glass and were fine.
              In Limbo, unmedicated

Comment

Working...
              X