Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arm Pain Question

Hey,
    So I have been having arm pain for the last couple of weeks..this is a new symptom for me..I would like to know if anyone also had arm pain and what it felt like for you. I am still pretty new and I am just getting overwhelmed..Thank You!!!!!

Can you describe your pain? Is it like an on and off nerve pain? Is it spasticity pain? From the muscle being too tight?
    How would you describe it?

Thanks
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I am not really sure how to describe it..it is not constant like a 24 hour a day thing but it is everyday..especially at night. I would have to say it is the same kind of pain I have in my legs except just not all the time..or as intense. This is why I was hoping to see how others described it so I could better tell my Dr. cause as you can tell I am horrible with descriptions..LOL

Comment

Do you have weakness on that side? If you are trying to use different muscles to bump up strength, you can really do a number on things.

I've ended up with ulnar nerve problems (not quite into cubital tunnel syndrome) because my shoulder has dropped (thanks to a non-functioning 11th cranial nerve) and there has been some aggravation of the nerve. This results in numb 4th and fifth fingers, and pain on the outside of the arm. The dropped shoulder is likely an ms thing (although I'm not dx) but the arm pain is not directly an ms thing, but secondary to it.

The first time I had hemiparesis, I wrecked my rotator cuff -- I'm getting used to significant amounts of physical therapy. Secondary damage is quite common.

Comment

Oh, o.k., no problem. It is hard to describe sometimes. I have had arm pain sometimes that is intermittent. It comes on out of the blue and feels like nerve pain. I recognize it because I have TN, and it is a lesser pain than that, but still nerve pain. I grab it, and it goes away in less than 5-10 minutes, but comes back in less than 2 minutes, and this goes on all day sometimes.

I have been given neurontin for it. Also, I have been given Tegretol for it. Both together keep it away pretty good. Every once and a while I get breakthrough pain, just like with my TN, but not everyday.

I hope you are able to find some answers in the people who reply and get some help from your neuro.

Let us know how it goes, OK?

Take care
          Lisa
          Moderation Team
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

I have had pain in my arms and legs for years. At first, in my late teens I was told it was "growing pains". It felt like an ache in my bones. As I grew older the pain has gotten more nagging. It feels like the pain you get when you bump your "funny bone". It's not so funny and it is almost constant. Getting a handle on that pain will be key.
            Hang in there and keep trying new things.

Comment

Working...
            X