Super frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super frustrated

I'm still pretty new to all this ms stuff. Found out 3 weeks ago!!! I work as a waiter... Today it was so hot out and the ac wasn't working!!! It was 85 i'n the restuarant!!! So hot especially because I'm walking around.. I was doing great until I walked into work... I started to go numb and started to get dizzy like I was in a fog! Then got a few pains in my chest like little zaps!! Is this my anxiety or the heat or both? Does this happen to anyone else?
    It all started with a mouse.. " Walt Disney"

It is the heat! It happens to most of us! You can go online and buy a cooling vest that you can wear to work, and under your shirt if there is no A/C. If you can't afford one, the MS society will give you one for free, you just have to apply for one. It is not a pretty one, its kind of bulky, but it will do for walking to work.

Most all MSers are affected by the heat. Symptoms are temporarily increased, they go away when you cool down (it may take a while).

I hope you can get a vest and things will improve for you.

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

It takes a while to adjust to having ms and to realizing what is ms related and what is not.

It has taken me 3 years to feel like I actually manage this thing.

You will come to know what brings on you symptoms; stress, heat, cold, diet etc. It takes time to learn all this. Educate yourself! This is a great place to learn and to ask questions and your local ms society can lend you books. There are other online forums and mass information out there.

The more you know the better prepared you will be to deal with your ms and the docs.

J
      Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Working...
      X