Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has MS made your jewelry,clothes,etc. the enemy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has MS made your jewelry,clothes,etc. the enemy?

I love jewelry, but since M.S., it irritates the crap out of me. I suck it up, as if putting on a pair of jeans, put a little on when I have to, but I am hyper aware of it the entire time and I can't wait to take it off. I used to fall asleep in my jewelry and makeup without fail when I was younger

Now I am so picky about anything and everything that comes into contact with my body...the list includes, but is not limited to, clothes, make-up, blankets, shoes/socks, jewelry, etc. I used to be a real snuggly person, but I can only have my family and pets close to me for so long before, they too, make me uncomfortable.

It is like a mix of Fibromialga and Shingles or something. Not looking for a med to take or anything, just seeing if anyone else quakes at the thought of wearing a belt or getting within a ten mile radius of anything made of a wool or a pair of pantyhose!

I wish they made some adult cotton onesies and that they would be considered fashionable! Babies have it made!
    Tawanda

Yes! I used to have many piercings and over the past few years I have removed them all because they all just started to feel uncomfortable.

If I'm out, I can't wait to change out of my clothes, take my shoes off, take out my contacts and wash off my makeup. I also get irritated feeling my hair on my face. Everything just feels uncomfortable and restrictive.

Comment

Nah, drives me mad. I mean it's a cotton dress, how heavy can it be? Panty hose, well better than jeans, which I just cannot wear, due to weight of said denim. I am now thin as thin can be, but all clothes, loose as they may be are still irritating.
      Would go nude, but then you can't leave the house.

Comment

Yes!!! Glad I'm not alone. Change clothes at least 3 times per day, either due to getting overheated or just becoming uncomfortable.

A few years ago I gave up jewelry, except for my medic alert bracelet, soooooo sexy!!!

Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I forgot hair accessories and my glasses (but I am blind without those!). There is another current post about sleep apnea. I could probably use a sleep mask, but there is no way I would be able to stand that!
          Tawanda

Comment

Add me to the list of people that come out of their clothes the second they get home. I don't even put away the groceries until I'm in my house clothes. I hate shoes and socks on my feet, anything that doesn't stretch, is heavy, etc. I'll only wear a regular bra for a short period of time if I need to dress up, but any other time it's a sports bra. No hard headbands, stretch ones if they're not too tight. No rings or anything on the wrists/ankles.

I still have my nose and ear piercings, though I'm limited as to what materials I can wear in them. Metals irritate me, but I can wear my glass plugs in my ears without issue.

I hate being so frumpy, but I simply hate clothes now.
            In Limbo, unmedicated

Comment

WE ARE SO MUCH ALIKE IT'S FUNNY.

I used to always dress up. I had to dress up for work. I had my nails done, jewelry, make-up the whole nine yards. Now it's comfy shorts and a t-shirt. Depending where I got to go I may wear some light make-up and dress clothes, but 2 minutes in the house and it all comes off.

I also agree with the hair in the face, but I don't like tight hair ties or head bands. I can't see without my glasses either so I'm stuck with them.

WE ARE NOT ALONE... YAY!!
              DIAGNOSED=2012
              ISSUES LONG BEFORE
              REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

it was interesting to see this post, because i couldn't find much input about this when i searched the topic online.

i have not yet seen the neuro. but i have been having MS like symptoms. One of the things I noticed is there was a day or two when i had to remove my wedding ring and watch because it was just giving me too much unpleasant sensation.

Comment

Appendages just hurt!

When I am home alone, you will find me in the buff stretched out on the bed. Clothes and jewelry hurt. Before my mother died, she'd stand in front me at church and tell everyone to handle me with care because--everything hurts!

GOD bless--Melissa
                  Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Comment

I don't know if it is the same thing because I have allergies AND MS, but I definitely have the same ( even worse) condition.

For the past 15 years I've gradually had to eliminate those "essentials".

First it was make up- even hypoallergenic the type, then necklaces, then earrings. Then, I couldn't even let the tiniest bit of dust or dirt touch my skin. Now, when I get home I have to change into fresh clothes and rinse all my skin off with water.

I don't know what part is from allergies and what part is neurological. I've always thought it was allergies but no one else I knew with allergies has had such extreme reactions.

This post is the first I've seen from someone with MS. I guess when the central nervous system is affected, anything can happen.

This week has been very bad for me this way. There is so much dust in the air that I can't breathe and my skin itches no matter where I am.

Comment

Working...
                    X