Bad day today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad day today

I could really use some kind words and good thoughts today. I feel terrible. This morning started out with weak legs and bad walking, which normally doesn't happen to me until later in the day. I keep zoning out with my hand on my mouse, forgetting what I was doing. It's a good thing I "look so good" or I'd be fired by the end of today I'm sure. I feel like a retarded person with alzhiemers. I'm pretty sure I'm rembling but mythoughts don't feel coherent enough to string together proprly.

I also feel like crying but then I forget why. Jeez. I'm a wreck. Here's to hoping I won't have to go to the hospital anytime soon.
    You can't stop washing your feet just because you're afraid you'll fall in the shower.

Good Morning Alishape! Have those days myself. More that I wish too. I wish you the best today! I always found that zoning out passes my day away pretty quick. Living in MD I commend you for dealing with the humidity. Just went to visit family in DE in July and the humidity about killed me! You'll get through it. Tomorrow will be here before we know it! GOOD LUCK!
    Leave the Heat and Stress for the birds!

Comment

reply to billyl

Hi, I can't believe it you have the same names as me! I am in Big Bend,Wi. My middle name is Joseph.
      Do you have ms? I do.
      I also was grocery store manager. I than went to elevators. I than did computers for the y2k.
      If you want to contact me. My email address is
      b1lepak@aol.com

Comment

Hang in there. Hopefully your symptoms will lessen as the day wears on. Hugs, Jules
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

I laughed...

Originally posted by alishape View Post
          I feel like a retarded person with alzhiemers.
          I laughed out loud when I read this. Not in the "ha-ha, funny" way, but in the "I can totally relate because this how I feel today, too" way. It's maddening, isn't it? I only work 15-20 hours/week and that is almost getting to be too much. Thankfully I work for a small youth evangelism organization and my boss is often out of the office for ministry stuff, so I am frequently in the office alone. But, I, too, "Look so, so good." It can be maddening, but on days we can fake how we feel, looking good can be a good thing.

My kids are 6,9, and 10, and they definitely recognize the difference between how I look and how I feel. They will ask me something and I'll start to answer, then won't even realize I stopped mid-sentence until they prompt me to finish. It's good they all have a sense of humor and are learning to live life with a Swiss cheese-brained mom.

Praying your day gets better and just know you not the only one.
          ~Lisa~
          "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD...(Jer 29:11)

Comment

Hi Alishape,

I hope you're doing better. It's discouraging when the day starts off lousy. For me, I never know for sure if it's going to be a good or bad day just by the way it starts out. My strength and symptoms can flip at any time.

Sending positive thoughts and wishing a better day for you!
            Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Was going to say here's hoping you're having an upside down day, and you'll finish better than you started, but we all know the chances of that.

Can you take the rest of the day off? I use "women's troubles" when I don't want to have another bad day chalked down to MS at work.

Do you feel like you're going into a flare? You might just be really tired. All the best.

Comment

Thanks all

Thanks for the good thoughts. I feel better today, but the heat and humidity did it again I guess. I need to put my thinking cap on (such as it is, ha) and figure out some kind of cheap personal air conditioning unit - preferrably solar powered for irony's sake.

Wyo, you certainly have a good point. If we always looked as bad as we feel, we'd all be a sight. A frightening one at that!
                You can't stop washing your feet just because you're afraid you'll fall in the shower.

Comment

Originally posted by alishape View Post
                  I need to put my thinking cap on (such as it is, ha) and figure out some kind of cheap personal air conditioning unit - preferrably solar powered for irony's sake.

LOL you made my day. I'm going to use that line someday.

Comment

So glad your having a better day.

Comment

Working...
                    X