Hard to deal with random symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to deal with random symptoms

The thing that gets me is the randomness of symptoms. One day you're ok, the next it's bedlam. How can things change so quickly and sporadically. What bothers us one day might not ever be felt again. Then something new comes along.

One day I was healthy and the next I had MS. I know that's simplifying and it's not quite that way, but it seems like it.

I had some intestinal surgery 5 years ago and I've never been the same. Then I developed Graves Disease and had my thyroid killed. Now I have so many difficult symptoms. But the Endo keeps telling me it can't possibly be from my thyroid. I just don't believe that. If I was ok before the ablation and not ok after that tells me something.

I get that MS is progressive I just can't get my head around the daily fluctuations. Maybe in my case it's all Graves and IBS or partly MS, Graves, IBS, etc. All I know is I wasn't in this shape before. And I consider myself to be doing pretty well. Just feel like......
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I am primary progressive and at least in my case when I develop a new symptom it slowly progresses and never goes away.I just" roll with the punches".
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

You've got a cocktail of medical miseries there, Marti. Could be all or any one of them making you feel sick on any given day.
      On the other hand, I completely agree MS is just a sod for making you feel 'better' one day, then nope, it's back again bigger and badder the next.
      There's always something, and you have to think about it all the bloody time.
      It's so all-consuming.

Comment

Working...
      X