over extending legs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

over extending legs?

I have a habit of kind of sliding one leg out further than I should and now I have strained my groin. Been in a lot of pain for a long time and it will take awhile to heal.

I think this happens because I walk a little wobbly sometimes, always trying to baby a sore leg or back. If I'm barefoot on the kitchen floor I slide a little and I think I'm taking too big of steps. Don't know why.

Does anyone have any solutions to this kind of thing? Anyone know how to help myself get thru the groin injury? This started on the left side, but I notice the right is starting to hurt in the same way now. Probably over compensating for the left side.

I have no idea if this is from the MS, but I suspect it might be because of the rocking-type walk I've developed.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

It sounds like a physical therapist should look at your gait and help you come up with ways to get around what's causing your strain and pain.

Comment

Originally posted by MSer102 View Post
      It sounds like a physical therapist should look at your gait and help you come up with ways to get around what's causing your strain and pain.

The PT started working on stretching the leg/hip today. I think this will help after awhile. I kind of remember walking in the kitchen in socks and slipping till my legs were kind of Bambi-stretched.
      Marti

Comment

So does anyone else have this type of problem? I keep taking too- big steps. I'm only 4ft 9in and shouldn't have this habit. Unless I'm just trying to get from here to there too quickly!
        Marti

Comment

when I could still walk, I did this. People that would see me would chuckle and say that one foot was trying to catch the other.the therapist was able to solve the problem. And that is exactly what I had to do, strength and my thigh muscles and my hip flexor. Good luck
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
          X