No announcement yet.

the right side of my body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a cane is intelligent, nothing to be shameful about. You are still using it (the leg) but you don't know when a cane will save you from serious injury.
    This week I would have been flat on my face as I incorrectly navigated a curb but was able to "catch" myself with the can and good leg.
    It also saves you emotionally and socially, when you bump into someone because you wobbled when you should have weebled or you veered left unexpectedly a cane lets the person know you are having some kind of problems and could save you a screaming match or punch in the face, or begging for forgiveness.

I have a weak right hemisphere. One of my first year after diagnosis exacerbation was numbness on the right hemisphere. Had a week of steroids, which did nothing to help, but hopefully prevented more inflammation which could cause more issues faster. I did recover in about 3 weeks and had no more noticeable right side problems for 7 or 8 years.
    I know am weak on the right side, feels like i have lead weights on all my right parts.

You do not need a MS MRI to be diagnosed if you have had two exacerbations in different places at different times. My neuro will put people on therapy even if they are not clinical but probable, this saves a lot of problems later since supposedly the sooner you treat the better you will be.

Good luck, and I do use the cane on my weak side occasionally, if I am walking on rough terrain and going slow and need to make sure that foot completely leaves the ground to clear obstacles, but on flat terrain it is in my left hand.
    1995-symptoms with no cause
    2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
    2000/1-started Avonex
    2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
    Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Comment

Working...
    X