Viruses and MS - What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viruses and MS - What to do?

I have read a lot of information about links between "leaky gut" or intestinal permeability and autoimmune reactions, including in MS.

NSAIDS, including Aleve, Ibuprofen, contribute to problems with intestinal permeability. I've tried to avoid taking NSAIDS for muscular aches and pains, but I have a severe viral reactions and Tylenol just does not help.

My neck is extremely sore with swollen lymph nodes, and I feel weak and achy everywhere, with a low fever. I did just take two Aleve, but am worried about it.

I'm wondering if others try to avoid NSAIDs and what you've learned about very occasional use of them.

Thanks in advance

I would definitely check with your doctor to see why you are having these symptoms. Spiking a fever with swollen lymph nodes is worth looking into rather than just squelching it with OTC meds, imo.

Back to your original question, personally although I do try to be sparing with them I do not worry about taking NSAIDs when needed.

Hope you feel better soon!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Meant to add in my case I don't have any other medical conditions or medications that would contraindicate the use of NSAIDs as some people might so as always its best to run these questions past your physician.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Working...
      X