Online friend became personal friend: Lois Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online friend became personal friend: Lois Lane

Does anyone remember Lois? She's a member, but hasn't posted for a long time. She also used to be on chat.

We became friends 5 or so years ago, when we realized that her mother lives just 30 miles from me in Kansas. (Lois lives in CA.) We've seen each other, usually annually, since then, when she comes to visit her mother, and have become pretty good friends. We found a number of things, other than just MS, in common instantly.

She is visiting in Kansas this week, and I'll see her this evening. Looking forward to it.

Have any of you met any of your online friends in person?

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Seems like I recall that username. Just don't know if it was from seeing a post or if I saw it on chat. That is nice that you have become friends. That is really ironic that her mother lives so close! Talk about a small world.

I've met two people in person I've met here. I still stay in touch with one in particular, but she does live in another state. Funny how you can "connect" with certain people even before you actually meet in person.

Hope you had a wonderful visit!
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

What a cheerful thing to share and how delightful!

I've met several people on line (in different forums) and in person. None have worked out that well.

But, I found a neat M.S. friend that lives about 30 min from me, on another kind of board. And a few 'light' type of pals around the states. On those boards, people tend to come and go and then re-start the communications. The care and support of people with like "hearts" can be very warm and fuzzy. Seems, the calls come at strange times and just when I need to hear, 'a kind supportive voice!'

I have on line friends I can rely on for support, venting and learning. Learning is always a big plus (if I can remember it)

Sometimes, life just gets in the way!

Sometimes it works out to be a pretty cool friendship and sometimes---not much in common. fed

Comment

I'd be delighted! Orstrailya is a wee tad far from the USA, though.
        Should any of you come down under do please notify. I shall hobble gamely to say hello.

Comment

Working...
        X