Calling all those with dizziness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

When you're outdoors, avoid the sun during the hottest part of the day, from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Some sunshine is good for you, so enjoy the sun for a short time if you can take it, but choose shade over direct sunlight for the long haul. Wear lightweight breathable clothing made from natural fabrics, like cotton. Wear a brimmed hat to shade your face from the sun. And keep yourself refreshed with a cool drink. When you begin to feel symptoms of overheating, don't give in to the temptation to ignore them. Try to get to a cool spot like an air-conditioned building, or one with fans, or plenty of cross-ventilation. You can try taking a dip in cool water or refresh yourself with a spray mist bottle. Take cool shower, or better yet - treat yourself to a long, cool bath. Hope it helps! Good Luck.
    Well-wisher!
    Andrea.G.Wolford

Comment

Andrea's suggestions are good if you are prone to pseudo-exacerbations, and, if you are bothered by heat.

Neither applies to me, though, and I still had major problems with CNS dizziness.
      - I don't want anyone to feel guilty because they might think they are not doing what they could to avoid it. Sometimes, with MS, stuff just happens, no matter what we do.

~ Faith
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Dizzyness

i get what i call waves, and for this i use a product called di vertigo this you can get on amazon.com its a natural product with natural herbs in it . really works for me and a girlfriend who has a inner ear problem.. you just dab the liquid behind your ear lobs where your blood vessels are and there you go

try that,,,

Comment

Google VEDA

for a website w some great Vestibular Ear info/solutions.
          Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
          Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

I have dizziness several times a day. Neuro gave me meds for it, but, i can't take them. When dizziness happens I can fall to the floor/ground, or fall into a wall.
            I hate this MonSter. But I do try to stay positive knowing the dizziness won't last long each time. Sometimes minutes, sometimes a day or two.
            SgrammieD

Comment

Hello. I deal with CNS vertigo. I have been having episodes off and on for the past 3yrs. I've been through the balance test(2010)and that's how we found it was the MS.During the 2010 episode I also was dealing with hyperacusis.

I am now dealing with it again and have been dealing with it since April.It's not as disabling as it was when it it first happened in 2010 but still a problem.Meds help if I take them at night. Then I can get through work the next day. But I know when they start to wear off.

Had MRI last wk and no new lesions. Yay! but neuro seems to think i still may have been in a flare earlier in the year and he just did not catch it.
              I had also been treated with low dose steroids for what my PCP thought may have been a sinus infection contributing to the dizziness.

Not sure if that scued the MRI results or not. Anyway my question is does anyone have more issues with the vertigo/dizziness when they haven't had enough sleep or the barometric pressure changes/drops? I know I do.

Also does anyone have a problem trying to explain these issues/symptoms to people because maybe you can do some things with these paticular symptoms but not others.
              For instance I'm working everyday(getting through). But it's hard for me sometimes to sit in church services. I think it may be the differences in the environments. I work at a middle school and i have the ability to control that environment. whereas in church services I cannot control how loud or quiet it can be. i.e. sound system,preaching,praise and worship etc.

Can anyone else relate? Tired of getting the "that doesnt make any sense look from people!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybear View Post
                i get what i call waves, and for this i use a product called di vertigo this you can get on amazon.com its a natural product with natural herbs in it . really works for me and a girlfriend who has a inner ear problem.. you just dab the liquid behind your ear lobs where your blood vessels are and there you go

try that,,,

So does this product work for the MS type dizziness?? It sounds safe.
                Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
                X