I'm glad I called

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad I called

I was SUPPOSED to have my neuro appointment today. When I didn't hear from the hospital a few days ago to do the preadmission information, I decided to call the doctor's office to be sure I had the right day/time of my appointment. The girl who answered told me that yes, I had the appointment for Tuesday at 4:00 but was it with the doctor or nurse? Why would I go for an appointment with the nurse when it's my "normal" six month appointment? The receptionist then informed me that the doctor was on vacation and she will speak to the nurse and get right back to me.

Well, when I didn't hear from her for over 2 1/2 hours, I called back and I was not very nice. I told her right away that I would need to change my appointment and I find it to be BS that if I hadn't called, I would have driven an hour to find out the doctor wasn't even there. Someone wasn't doing their job and I deserve an explanation! She then informed me that she was just filling in. I asked to speak to the regular receptionist but she wasn't there.

I did apologize to her, telling her that I understood it wasn't her fault, but I was so angry. I find that, for the most part, I am pretty even tempered but mess with the MonSter stuff and I get pretty upset. I figured it's because I don't like to deal with it and just go about my business but when it's shoved in my face, I get upset and am not myself.

The doctor that I see is supposed to be the top guy in the area and I don't really care for his bedside manner but he knows his stuff. My DH thinks we should find someone closer but since I'm one of the "lucky" ones that doesn't really have too many issues, I think I'll stay where I am.

Thanks for letting me vent!

And you have a perfect right to vent about this. Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X