numbness and pain in left arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

numbness and pain in left arm

Has anyone else experienced this? It began with a feeling like there was something crawling on my arm or a hair, but there was nothing there. Progressed to feeling like my arm had fallen asleep.

Now, it both feels like my arm fell asleep/I hit my funny bone/there is a blood pressure cuff on my whole arm that is pumped up too tight. The feeling comes and goes, but is with me most of the time and makes it difficult to get comfortable for sleep.

I have had ms many years and have experienced many symptoms (ON, spasticity, pins and needles in my legs and feet, vertigo, foot drop, heaviness in my legs, fatigue, foot cramps, weakness in my extremities, etc.), but this is the most painful thing I have experienced. My doctor says pain happens...

I am surprised no one as replied yet. I have had the same feeling in my right arm to start now I feel it in my left arm.

I know many of the meds I take did not help but the ala and alcar helped relieve some of the weirdness.

Ala = alpha lipoic acid
    ALCAR =Acetyl l-carnitine

You can search the board and see how it helped others. It also seems to help w/ some of the pains (not all) and some of the fatigue and the dosages as well. One ranges up to 400mg and the other can go up to 2000mg a day. To start maybe start at 100mg of ala and 500mg of alcar.

Just fyi Good luck!
    ~Brittan~ Over 15 years w/ symptoms & Recently diagnosed w/ Chiari 1 Malformation - it has a lot of similar symptoms to MS. Easy to dx by MRI. See videos CM info - how to dx via MRI: https://youtu.be/I0f9e3pU6to CM symptoms: https://youtu.be/YyF3HVgHpCs FB group: Chiari Is For Real

Comment

I also have this pain in the right arm. I described it exactly as you did initially to my neuro - as if a blood pressure cuff was tightly inflated. Lately, it feels like it needs to be stretched out - as if it needs to be pulled. I am guessing that is spasticity now.

I know there are medicines for nerve pain, but I've never wanted to explore that. I have an appt. with neuro this week and since the arm has actually worsened, will be discussing. I'll post back and let you know what he says.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks for your replies. You know sometimes it makes me feel better to know this is "just" my ms acting up (I am 53).

I know I am in a flare, but it has been so long since I had a major flare (I have had minor flares, but nothing like this for the past 2 years). My family has gotten used to my ms not being too dibilitating so it is hard to slow down now when I know I really need to.

I do have Gabapentin I use when my legs are bothering me so much I can't sleep, but I try to use that as little as possible.

Comment

MS flare up

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It sounds like that you are dealing with a common problem and I hope you make it through it. Have you gone to any physical therapists to see if they could help?

Comment

Working...
          X