Do you ever cry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you ever cry?

I know that if I walk (or try to) into work with painful legs or some other symptom I better not make eye contact with anyone. If someone asks me if I'm alright I tear up. I have some great co-workers who are tuned in to me and they can tell when something isn't quite right.

I've been having a terrible week with fatigue and pain in my legs and back and neck. Heart rate up and down. All those good things. I push myself to go to work. Usually only stay 2 hours.

This morning one of the ladies took one look at me and asked if I was struggling and I just bawled. That set off a chain reaction because everyone I met picked up on it so I had to go hide in the washroom.

I don't get depressed often... anxious.. yes. I just wondered how many just cry sometimes.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Crying

I cry. Sometimes the pain just lasts to long. Sometimes the pain is to much. Sometimes the balance issues are just to much. Sometimes when words I want won't come out. Sometimes when my hands and fingers won't work. Yes I cry out of pain or just pure frustration. I get angry with myself because of these MS moments, minutes, or hours. Anyone else?
    SgrammieD

Comment

What a compelling thread, thanks for inviting us to get in touch with our emotions. But if you think about it, anytime we are not feeling well, going through a tough time, we are more vulnerable. To me, being vulnerable makes for some easy crying spells.

What usually gets me is when others are nice to me when they see I am struggling or in pain. For some reason, being nice sets me off..Bwwaaaahhhh...

Because now I also have sjorgrens or sicca syndrome, I have severely dry eyes, mouth, ears, so I love when I tear up!! It cleanses not only my poor dry eyes, but cleans out a troubled heart to make room for more joy~

Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I don't usually cry. I drink crown royal instead. It has been such a hot week though I haven't been able to drink much from frustration before falling asleep from fatigue.
        You can't stop washing your feet just because you're afraid you'll fall in the shower.

Comment

Please, I have good cries.......but it usually makes me feel better....weird. I cry because I am not the person I used to be......cry for all the things I can't do anymore......cry because I can't do the things my kids want me to do with them.......I tear up typing this! I have the right to cry and I don't feel guilty about it. Then I think of all the things I am blessed with and I move on.....until the next cry Maybe have a good cry before you get to work? Best to you!!
          dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

I cry often at night when the spasms and spasticity or the trigeminal or the, or the, or the, or the, or the, get real bad. I try to keep it real low volume so my wife and daughter do not hear me. I grew up in a family and area where men just do not cry. When they have heard me it has been very unpleasant as they want to do some thing to help and actually that stress makes it worse if thats possible. I hate this disease, the only people who understand are in the same hell. Sorry about the negativity, I am just having a very painful day.
            PEACE
            Tortis

Comment

Originally posted by mjan View Post

Because now I also have sjorgrens or sicca syndrome, I have severely dry eyes, mouth, ears, so I love when I tear up!! It cleanses not only my poor dry eyes, but cleans out a troubled heart to make room for more joy~

Jan
              That's beautiful, mjan. I'm going to keep that in mind next time I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Comment

That is my biggest trigger ...

people being kind and sweet. Why is that?

Comment

Thanks to each of you. I really didn't expect to get any responses to this one. I am so glad we have each other. And I appreciate my co workers so much. They've been so good to me. No one ever complains (that I know of) when I leave after an hour of working.

Every one of you has answered this question perfectly. Makes me think maybe I really should try the Cymbalta that my PCP has been trying to force on me for 2 years. This med scares me, but she swears it will help with pain. The couple times I tried it I got a burning throat and an upset stomach. Maybe these side effects will to away with time.

Anyway, we should all get in the chat room and have a good cry together! Thanks friends. Best to all of you.
                  Marti

Comment

Originally posted by tortis View Post
                    I cry often at night when the spasms and spasticity or the trigeminal or the, or the, or the, or the, or the, get real bad. I try to keep it real low volume so my wife and daughter do not hear me. I grew up in a family and area where men just do not cry. When they have heard me it has been very unpleasant as they want to do some thing to help and actually that stress makes it worse if thats possible. I hate this disease, the only people who understand are in the same hell. Sorry about the negativity, I am just having a very painful day.
                    PEACE
                    Tortis

Tortis thank you for being so open and frank. I have no problem with a crying man. Real men wear pink too! And I understand about trying to hide the tears. I really hate for anyone to see me cry.
                    Marti

Comment

Originally posted by mjan View Post
                      What a compelling thread, thanks for inviting us to get in touch with our emotions. But if you think about it, anytime we are not feeling well, going through a tough time, we are more vulnerable. To me, being vulnerable makes for some easy crying spells.

What usually gets me is when others are nice to me when they see I am struggling or in pain. For some reason, being nice sets me off..Bwwaaaahhhh...

Jan

Jan I knew I would get a good reply from you. I love the message about the dry eyes. I have that too but never thought that crying might moisten them up a bit. Maybe we should cry more!
                      Marti

Comment

Originally posted by sgrammied View Post
                        I cry. Sometimes the pain just lasts to long. Sometimes the pain is to much. Sometimes the balance issues are just to much. Sometimes when words I want won't come out. Sometimes when my hands and fingers won't work. Yes I cry out of pain or just pure frustration. I get angry with myself because of these MS moments, minutes, or hours. Anyone else?

I have the same issues you have. It drives me crazy when I'm trying to tell someone something and the words get lost. My pain is growing... something I didn't expect. But, it's happening way more than I like. Thanks.
                        Marti

Comment

Originally posted by aspen View Post
                          people being kind and sweet. Why is that?
                          Yep... like I said I can't make eye contact or I will cry for sure.
                          Marti

Comment

Oh yes. I am going through this right now. I am overcome with pain in my leg. Having surgery Thursday. I try not to have pity parties, but I am honestly tired of it all and sad.

If you need someone to talk to, I am here. {{{hugs}}}
                            And even though the moment passed me by I still can't turn away
                            'Cause all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
                            Got tossed along the way

Comment

Sometimes I have a "melt down".....frustration,stress and being sick and tired of being sick..You're not alone

Comment

Working...
                              X