In ER now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In ER now...

Started tecfidera this week. Today had rapid heart rate. Sometimes have low vit k so came to ER to rule that out. Heart rate is now 156.

YIKES Torn

156 is pretty fast, hope you're stabilized and home feeling better
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

No one loves me? Boohoo

Comment

Torn, sounds scarey. Hope you're feeling better and recover soon. I'm on the road to tecfidera myself, so it's good to hear about possible bumps along the way with a new med.

Keep us updated on your recovery and progress. Take good care.

Comment

You are EXACTLY where you need to be. I read your other post, I guess your M.D. did not phone back?

Sorry, your pulse has escalated so high. I know you were, hoping to get through this and 'let' your HR go down and enjoy the medication.

You're Probably scared, too! It is dangerously high. I sure hope, they can get it lower for you. I am not sure if, the usual tricks into lowering that rate, will work. I am not sure which is worse, worried of the heart rate or not being on a medication, that will help? Glad you are getting immediate help. fed

Comment

Update

Giving me potassium but think the a tachycardia is from the tecfidera. So, noe what?how high is too high? No one will tell me straight. Help!!!

Comment

I'm sorry I cannot answer your questions. MSWorld isn't a substitute for medical evaluation or treatment by a qualified health care professional. Being in the ER, should afford you the opportunity to ask your questions and get a viable medical opinion. I'd personally be scared to get medical opinions online for a potentially life-threatening situation.

Please, please, please consult with your medical team as quickly as possible. Have them contact your neurologist before you leave. They should be able to get through much easier than you are by using the doctors line or by consulting Biogen directly.

I hope you can get your answers and your situation improves directly.

Comment

Hope

all goes well for you

Comment

Anything over 140 is a concern, but they should have some meds to slow it down. I would definitely discontinue the Tecfedra and research other MS drugs.
                  Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

I'm not looking for medical advice. Just the opinions of other going through the same types of decisions. Going back in today to talk to my gp doc. Concerned there may be an underlining heart problem. Frustrated at this point. I can live with it if I know it's ok. Doc said over 105 is too high. Left there it was still 103. Ugh this sucks. Just want to feel
                    Better.

Comment

Sorry Torn for all you are going through. Yes it is scary, but being in the ER was wise.

Hope your doctor figures this out for you.

Let us know how you are doing.

Warmly, Jan
                      I believe in miracles~!
                      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Hope you're back home now and feeling better!
                        Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

Torn; Glad you didn't have to stay in the hospital.

Guess you quit the Tec.?

With all your intricacies, it will interesting, which medication..Will Work. fed

Comment

Oh no! I hope they sort you out quickly!
                            Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Tacchycardia is uncomfortable, but there is a lot of help out there. I had a young son that would have his heart "wig out" every time he went through a growth spurt! He even played varsity basketball with the problem.

Just be persistent and get to the underlying problem. My mom has her heart go out of rhythm, and she always feels awful during that time. It is a lot harder on a 76 year old woman than a 16 year old boy!

They both had the same surgery to correct the problem. My son has not had a problem since, but my mom has. She just has learned to rest when it wigs out.

Good luck and I hope you get some answers!
                              Brenda
                              Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Working...
                              X