very frightened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very frightened

I was diagnosed about 8 months ago. I am on avonex. For the past several days my feet are numb and my legs don't want to work and they are tingling and spazing really bad. Anybody take anything for tingling? I am baclofen.

You may just be having an exacerbation. Tomorrow give your neurologist a call and let them know it has been going on for a couple of days. They can determine if you need some IV steroids to calm down the inflammation.

Hope you feel better soon!

Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I take elavil (amitriptyline) 25 mg for buzzing/tingling. I agree you should call your neuro; sorry you're frightened. Let us know how you're doing.

Comment

Yes, it sounds like you are having a flair...very typical. Please call your neuro this morning.

Katie
        "Yep, I have MS and it has me"
        Katie
        "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
        "My MS is a Journey for One."
        Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by kellythomas View Post
          I was diagnosed about 8 months ago. I am on avonex. For the past several days my feet are numb and my legs don't want to work and they are tingling and spazing really bad. Anybody take anything for tingling? I am baclofen.
          I am unsure what category Baclofen is in, but I do know there is a drug = Gabapentin/Neurontin that helps with numbness issues.
          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I take Neurontin (gabapentin) for the buzzing, tingling, creepy... feelings. This really helps after you get on the correct dose.

I also have a Baclofen pump and take oral baclofen if I need it.

The baclofen helps with the spasticity. I know when my spasticity is really ramped up, all of my other symptoms increase as well.

But, I agree with the others. You need to call your doctor and tell them what is going on.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
              You may just be having an exacerbation. Tomorrow give your neurologist a call and let them know it has been going on for a couple of days. They can determine if you need some IV steroids to calm down the inflammation.

Hope you feel better soon!

Lisa
              Moderation Team
              This. I have good days and bad days, and whenever I wake up to a bad day I'm like 'OMG!!! It's the beginning of the end!'

But then the bad day passes.

Hugs.
              Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Hoping you are feeling okay!

Sending good vibes your way!

Comment

Working...
                X