MS without insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS without insurance

Hello, I was diagnosed with MS almost 2 years ago while living in KS. I was able to get medicaid because my family had almost no income, but last September my husband finally found a job. Unfortunately it required us to move to AR. Although we now have an income, we barely pay for basic necessities and have no insurance. We're proud to longer be living on welfare, but that status sacrificed my medical care. Children in AR get medicaid, but not adults apparently, even if they have MS. Does anyone know of anyway someone with little or no money and no insurance can see an MS Dr. in AR?

Thanks, Kat

Contact your local chapter of the NMSS. They can refer you to free MS care if it's available in AZ. Free Neuro/MS care is typically available in a teaching/university hospital setting. Medical care in the western US is unique to other parts of the country, IMO.

Comment

AR not AZ

I do appreciate the suggestion, however I'm not in Arizona (AZ). I'm in Arkansas (AR). I will contact the AR chapter, though. I grew up in CA so I am aware of the huge differences in medical care between the West and the Midwest and South. This is one of the reasons I'm having so much trouble.

Comment

Oops, sorry about that, my reading comprehansion is squat these days. I hope you find something through the NMSS in AR, otherwise that could be a really tough commute.

Best of luck.

Comment

Hahaha! Yeah, If I could make the commute and stay there it would be perfectly fine.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X