weather changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weather changes

I know that most MSers have issues with the heat. It took me a while to figure that one out. (Thought I kept getting low blood sugar!) But, now that I know the heat bothers me, I can work with it.

But, aside from the heat. Does anyone notice any trouble with the weather changing drastically?? This past week has been hot and sunny. I've been ok for the most part trying to stay cool. But now today it is cold, muggy, raining, etc. And I woke up feeling horrible. My foot drop is worse, walking is worse. I feel like I'm walking through water or something. Fatigue is awful, I keep falling asleep on the couch without realizing it until I wake up. I keep having these wonderful electrical zaps. And my double vision is at it's worst.

None of this is new, so I don't think this counts as a flare? But it's just like every symptom is at it's peak. And I can only figure it is from the weather/atmosphere change.

Can anyone else relate?

I seem to have a LOT more pain with weather changes.
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Yep weather changes do a number on me. Yesterday it was 88 here today the high was like 65, I am in bed with no energy and felt icky all day and as I am typing I am noticing my arms feeling numb. I hate MS

Comment

Totally relate. I don't know whether I'm heat sensitive yet, but I'm definitely cold sensitive (weird, I know :-P) I've just had a good week of very few major symptoms -- a cold front moved in tonight and earlier today, my right leg felt off and now my right arm is numb :-(.

Comment

Same thing, weather is a huge factor in how bad I feel.

Our weather,here in Northern Indiana has been like a lot of people (thankfully nothing like OK, who are in my thoughts), but air conditioner for 2 week, and heat on the following day. I'm barely draining through the day.

Comment

YES I THINK A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER MAKES A DIFFERENCE IN MY SYMPTOMS AND/OR PAIN.

I'VE HAD OTHER MS'ERS SAY IT DOESN'T SEEM TO AFFECT THEM SO I THOUGHT MAYBE IT WAS JUST IN MY HEAD. BUT MY CO-WORKERS NOTICED IT BEFORE I DID.

I GUESS WE'RE NORMAL WITHIN THE "MS NORMAL RANGE"

Comment

Working...
            X