increased vibrations at rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

increased vibrations at rest

Does anyone else have increased vibrations when you first rest, laying down more so than sitting?

I don't even know if I would recognize an earthquake since I am having my own personal one. What is this? It is driving me crazy.

My neurologist changed my muscle relaxer in hopes that I would get relief. I also am having muscle tightness in my back and my left thigh got so tight and painful for a week...sound familiar? or should I be looking else where?

Any help would be appreciated.

I feel symptoms of 'vibrating' when I first lie down, not so much lately, though. When I stop my muscle relaxants, is when it is really bad. Sometimes, I wonder if: this is actually dull 'pins and needles.'

When it isn't so 'slow' it sure feels more like pins and needles. idk, just weird...altogether weird.

I've been treated for muscle spasms for 25 years and the muscle relaxants don't really help, much, anymore. I suppose, it could be much worse, though. fed

Comment

So glad you asked this question. Mine have been so bad. Seem to me like the heat is making mine worse. Wish I could afford to run the air conditioning . I've been increasing my gabapentin and my doctor gave me soma.If I take the soma at night i just won't take the baclofen but i still have to take my norco for pain . It worries me to be taking so many meds..
      dx.SPMS (baclofen,gabapenin,norco)
      started tecfidera 7/10/2013
      rituxan 11/13/2012 stopped due to side effect &it didn't help me (for RA and MS)
      copaxone started 4/2012 but stopped due to bad allergic reaction
      Matt.19;26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Comment

A few years ago, I quit taking ALL my meds, one at a time. I felt serious pins and needles from the withdrawal of Soma. Yet, after 3 mos. without it, I re-started it.

I do believe it is the heat. My symptoms started at this time, last year and today...they re-started. It was only 75 degrees in the house. Last summer, I realized, I cannot tolerate heat, above 73. But, if it goes down 2 degrees a year..I am in trouble! lol

After turning the A/C on, it was much better.

My doc told me to get a good a/c filter and stay inside! doh... just not liking this, not one bit! It prevents symptoms and my ability to go do what I'd like!

imho the 'vibrations' are slower needles and pin "like" feelings. How the heck are we suppose to know the difference? I get it all and they seem to overload me, at times.

Sorry wheeliegrl, but it is relieves me to read you describe, exactly what I have. I don't think my MS doc, knows those 2 things are most likely the same...just different in terms, of our descriptions. fed

Comment

It really helps to know that I am not alone. But I would really like it if someone knows why this is happening and if in their experience has found anything that helps.

When I am settling in to bed, my DH is wanting to snuggle, but I am so distracted by my personal earthquake. I don't necessarily want to keep talking about it, but not talking about it, is not making my experience less real.

It's making me wonder if this is indeed a MS symptom or something else that I should be looking into.

Comment

Tia,

I too have "not so good-vibrations" (parody on the song) when I lay down. However, I also have a worsening of my pain when I lay down. Personally I feel it is because our minds have nothing else to concentrate on. What I found helpful is to do some meditation or imaging. I have some memories of the beach I tap into. You can look up meditation and imaging online.

Good luck,hun.

LaTish
            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I will pay close attention to the temperature in the house to see if that contributes in anyway, thanks for the tip.

I will also try a more focused way to get my mind off of these vibration/tremors that have my attention. Maybe I will think about my 25th anniversary trip to Hawaii. ahhhh!

Comment

I had vibrating calves/lower leg muscles, that I'm pretty sure were the manifistation of small, rapid muscle contractions/cramps. I could feel the vibration when touching my lower leg muscles. The vibrations lasted on and off daily for several years, but has resolved so vibrations these days.

This is a common explanation I found on google:
                "Any of the muscles that are under our voluntary control (skeletal muscles) can cramp"

Comment

Hi Tia1,

I have vibrations/buzzing regardless of body position. Sometimes they can drive me crazy but for the most part I have learned to ignore them.

Having abnormal sensations is perfectly normal when having MS.

Basically activity can increase them but I notice the vibrations/buzzing more once I relax.

If you have MS then I would suggest ignoring them as best as you can...they will not hurt you. It's simply nerves gone wild
                  Diagnosed 1984
                  “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by Tia1 View Post
                    I will pay close attention to the temperature in the house to see if that contributes in anyway, thanks for the tip.

I will also try a more focused way to get my mind off of these vibration/tremors that have my attention. Maybe I will think about my 25th anniversary trip to Hawaii. ahhhh!
                    Tia,
                    ABSOLUTELY use your 25th ann trip to get your mind off of it. I use my memory of a specific spot at the beach that my ex and I used to visit. I envision walking down from the condo towards the beach. I think about all the details... sights, sounds, smells, what the sand felt like on my feet...even the little creatures I would happen across. Tap into that "kid spot" of your brain, and feel the breeze, squint your eyes...be sure to breath slowly

Comment

fishhead, your beach scene sounds beautiful.

Thank you all for trying to help me realize that this is MS normal. blah! I still don't like it! I'm sure that I will learn to deal with it, once I can wrap my head around it. (sigh)

Comment

When my finger cramp into a CLAW, I hate it. The MS hug is not fun either. Minor vibrations in muscles are no big deal for me. Actually for a few weeks I would get a sensation of being on a water bed when I laid down to sleep. It was actually relaxing, I LIKED it! 'bout the only MS related Sx I like/enjoy...well did while it lasted.

Gomer Sir Falls-s-lot

Comment

Gomer, I guess one could get used to being "rocked" to sleep. I happen to be one of those people that like my bedtime routine to be steady, quiet and still.

I am also having major muscle spasms as well, along with painful spasticity in my left leg. Boo! I found myself kicking that leg out like a toy soldier.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your water bed.

Comment

I have the buzzing a lot. My DH just tells me that I took my meds wrong! He just wants me to be quiet so he can watch his TV!! I really hate it when my teeth vibrate! I have to wait until I am exhausted to go to sleep! I can not turn my brain off!!
                            Sissy

Comment

Originally posted by Sissy View Post
                              I have the buzzing a lot. My DH just tells me that I took my meds wrong! He just wants me to be quiet so he can watch his TV!! I really hate it when my teeth vibrate! I have to wait until I am exhausted to go to sleep! I can not turn my brain off!!
                              Sissy,
                              I am sorry to hear that your hubbers is not more supportive. I hope, with time, he can be there for you to lean on.

Comment

Working...
                              X