Strategies to cope with a busy event ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategies to cope with a busy event ?

This thread is started based on replies to another thread I had posted.

I attended a noisy concert with ear plugs and sunglasses - at night. Lol! Plus I pulled my blanket up over my mouth to avoid the cigar, pot and cigarette smoke.

What strategies do you use that help you to cope with attending an event such as a concert ? Especially with sensitivities to sound, light, smells, and the issues of walking distances, parking, etc.

Is there a way to attend events like this and enjoy them, or just tolerate them ?

I am not much help

I really just want to stay home. I used to go to these events to ENJOY the noise and confusion and energy. Since I take no joy in that any more (at all!) I figure why go?

hopefully others have an answer as to how to have this stupid condition, and still enjoy the noise and confusion.
    You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

Great thread cosake! When I attend an indoor concert, I buy handicap seating and husband pushes me there in my transport chair. It's way more accessible. I also bring a pillow for extra padding and extra snacks for the munchies. When the concert is over, we sit back and let the masses leave first. That is crucial for my sanity!

Earplugs are a must! And of course, a handicap placard is also a must for parking.

Haven't been to an outdoor concert in years.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
      X