Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it sometimes feel like it is just too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it sometimes feel like it is just too much?

Hi all! I am a little down tonight as I feel like all my medical issues are just too much for me to manage, deal, cope and take care of. In fact, my MS along with several other autoimmune diseases make me feel like I am never really well.

I eat healthy balanced meals, with No gluten and very little dairy. I exercise regularly by walking 3-4 days a week and Pilates (2x/wk). With the better weather, I hope to be back on my bike soon too! If you were to look at me, you wouldn't "see" my health issues, but I feel them. (okay, maybe my menopause/rosacea ache looks worse than my teenage ache!LOL!). I don't drink or smoke and keep junk food to a minimum.

Don't get me wrong, I am so blessed with a good husband and fantastic and amazing daughters! And in the scheme of things, my plethora of health issues is NOT bad,....bad would be cancer or brain tumor...or other serious illness that people deal with. But sometimes....it just seems that my bucket of diseases can be more than I feel like I can handle. I worry frequently about becoming a burden on my family or wonder if I will be healthy enough to enjoy my girls in 10 years when my daughters are in college and are young adults.

Does anyone else feel this way too at times? Thanks for letting me share here...i am so glad to be able to come here and not feel so alone.

Originally posted by MyGirlsMom View Post
    Hi all! I am a little down tonight as I feel like all my medical issues are just too much for me to manage, deal, cope and take care of. In fact, my MS along with several other autoimmune diseases make me feel like I am never really well.

I eat healthy balanced meals, with No gluten and very little dairy. I exercise regularly by walking 3-4 days a week and Pilates (2x/wk). With the better weather, I hope to be back on my bike soon too! If you were to look at me, you wouldn't "see" my health issues, but I feel them. (okay, maybe my menopause/rosacea ache looks worse than my teenage ache!LOL!). I don't drink or smoke and keep junk food to a minimum.

Don't get me wrong, I am so blessed with a good husband and fantastic and amazing daughters! And in the scheme of things, my plethora of health issues is NOT bad,....bad would be cancer or brain tumor...or other serious illness that people deal with. But sometimes....it just seems that my bucket of diseases can be more than I feel like I can handle. I worry frequently about becoming a burden on my family or wonder if I will be healthy enough to enjoy my girls in 10 years when my daughters are in college and are young adults.

Does anyone else feel this way too at times? Thanks for letting me share here...i am so glad to be able to come here and not feel so alone.
    Yep I sure do. And its okay to feel like this sometimes. MS is a ton to deal with. But we are forced to and that's okay too. Think of the wonderful example you are to your girls. They have a super strong Mom that presses on in spite of this awful disease. They will strive to be as tough as you someday when they need to be.
    Seattle, WA
    Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
    Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Comment

Oh how I know how you feel! My DH is 74 and wonderful on a lot of things, but he tends to smother me! AT TIMES I FEEL LIKE IF i DON'T HAVE A FEW SQUARE FEET TO MYSELF i AM GOING TO SCREAM AND HURT HIS FEELINGS. I do not want to do that.

I posted elsewhere (but here) that I have been struggling with my MS, IBS, depression, pain etc all at one time. I had a battle with flu, a couple of months ago (it took me longer to bounce back). Then embarrassingly enough, after that I started having bad trouble with bowel incontinence! I was mortified!

I bought adult diapers, and used my puppies new house training pad's and wrapped them in an old towel to protect my bed and furniture. this has been going on for over a month. No medication can stop it! I am feeling like a prisoner! I am ready to give up. I am to weak, shaky and tired to deal with anything else.

I'm afraid to go to sleep because I know I will loose control.I can't seem to deal with this! We have a small house with one tiny bath. I feel like my body, my house and clothes will never smell decent again. It is just to much. I hate my life!
      Sissy

Comment

I could have written that post myself. I feel like it's too much for me. I eat right most of the time. No meat, dairy or surgar snacks. Brown rice, fish and veggies.
        I've been in and out of the hospital, bladder infection, flu etc.....
        My daughter is getting married next year, I just would love to be able to walk and feel "good" at the wedding. Scares me to death. Sometimes I really, really want to give up!
        I have no insurance and have tried to see a therapist, but they won't take people without insurance or they are way too expensive.
        I do have a great family and super husband and don't want to let them down, but I do just want to give up!
        DIAGNOSED=2012
        ISSUES LONG BEFORE
        REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Sissy, I am so sorry you are dealing with this horrible _ _ _ _

Sissy,
          I am so sorry you are dealing with this horrible stuff. It is nothing you did wrong. Some months ago, I asked my dh to move my hospital bed across the room so it was closer to the bath room. I didn't want to stain the entire carpet, which I had already done. So he moved it, but four steps, and I still stained the carpet with the IBS stuff.

Well after all that was finally over, I used the Spot Shot, or Shot Spot, whatever that stuff is called, and got all the stains out. That is very difficult to believe that I couldn't even get four feet without staining the carpet. But please have some bottled water by your bed. You do need water.

Now, basically all I eat, is a little rice. But now I read that rice contains fiber. So now I don't know. I used to eat all fruits and vegetables. I blaimed the IBS on that. But now I eat mostly rice. I don't know. But I don't eat gluten, and very little dairy, as they already posted. My family physician recommended the "gluten free." I had previously lost my sight, and it came back. So I have been "gluten free" since then.

Comment

just a hug

Of course it can be overwhelming!! yes, there are always worse diseases that you could have, but that certainly doesn't mean you don't have the right to feel 'down" every now and then. Sometimes we just need a verbal or real..lol hug to remind us of our Blessings.
            hope this helps..

Comment

Working...
            X