Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi and need some Advice about hives

Hi I'm Jen.

I have Been on COPAXONE for about two months. On two Separate occasions I have gotten hives. The first time I was Using the auto injector and it went off before I was ready and I jumped and it didn't go in all the way and the meds Bubbled underneath the skin. The next day I woke up and had two hives on my left Thigh. I still took the COPAXONE injections and was fine but it still took about a week for the hives to go a way. Then it came up time for me to take it in the belly again. It was fine and worked till I woke up the next day and there was a hive one my left arm now. I Immediately called shared solutions they told me not to take it again till I talked to my doc. So I called them at 8 am this morning and no reply from them. This COPAXONE has been working great for me and I have been very happy with it. I know no one is Particularly thrilled about injecting medications Into their bodies but this was working for me. I have been reading the posts on here about the hives and now I don't know what to do. I haven't taking my sot in now two days and believe me I'm feeling it. Any insight at all would be so helpful right now.

Thank u
    Jennifer.

the first thing you should do, is let your doctor know. if you do not get a reply, call them again. AND KEEP DOING SO UNTIL YOU GET A REPLY!

I moved your tread here because I thought it would get more attention. I just wanted you to know why.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I totally agree with contacting your physician before injecting again but fwiw what you describe does not sound like what I would consider actual hives so hopefully they will give you the green light to continue using your medication.

Please let us know what they advise and good luck.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Yes, it's strange that

you have a hive on your arm when you injected in your tummy area. Do you have just one hive?
        please let us know what your doctor says - hope you heard back from the doctor. I know how frustrating it can be when they don't get back to you!

Comment

Copaxone is all injected sub q or under the skin. I don't think it can "bubble up" under the skin...
          Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Working...
          X