Told a $alesman 2 go 2 hell 2 day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Told a $alesman 2 go 2 hell 2 day

I get sick and tired of phone hawks calling morning, noon and evening pitching everything except may a kitchen sink.

I told him "go to hell", then proceeded to give him driving directions to Hell Michigan. He sounded like a pleasant person but I get mad at all the calls. FWIW BTW I am ON the do not call list.

Gomer $ir Falls-a-lot

I can't stand the calls either and rarely answer anything I don't recognize but C'mom Gomer, you know that isn't cool.

They are only trying to make a living and feed their kids same as everyone else.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

That is exactly why I don't answer my phone if I don't recognize the number, unless I'm expecting a call. I made the mistake of answering one day and it was this lady from MADD. Oh, they didn't want donations, they only wanted me to buy magazines I can't afford, even though I don't have a penny to my name and can't even take care of myself. I wanted to yell at her, but when she wouldn't take no for an answer, I just kept my mouth shut and hung up on her.

Honestly, it seems like being on the do not call list these days is pointless. I know that wouldn't stop the calls from organizations like MADD, but I've been getting telemarketing calls and I don't sign up for anything that will allow them to start calling me. My family has been going through the same thing recently, and I don't understand it. It's almost as if we got taken off the list without our knowledge or something.
      Diagnosed 1/4/13
      Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

YOU have the power to hang up!

It saves you and them time...
        1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
        NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Most of our call centre callers are in India, so there's a tell-tale time lapse before the call connects, which gives you enough time to hang up.

Comment

telemarketers

I had one telemarketer tell me "Aren't you glad you live in America where a person can get paid for asking you if you're interested in a product or service and all you have to do is answer yes or no and they still get paid."

I now tell them "no thank you I already have a contractor/don't qualify for solar assistance/ and give through an organization..good day" If I feel like answering
            Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Boy, I also get cranky at telemarketers. I try to be polite, because they are people, too. But, it's not always easy.

A tactic I employed for a while was if they asked for my husband, I'd say "he doesn't live here anymore, but if you find him will you remind him of the money he owes me," and then hang up. Of course, this wasn't true, but I thought I was being a laugh riot.

Until one day I got a call for my husband, and it sounded like a telemarketer, and I said "well that son of a b doesn't live here, and if you find him do warn him that there is a warrant out for his arrest for the last beating he gave me." There was dead silence on the end of the phone and the caller said "wow, I'm sorry m'am, I must have the wrong number because I have his car here in my shop and need to talk to him about the repair costs." LOL. I back pedaled and gave the poor guy my husband's office number. My husband was not amused... but I was!

Comment

LOL!!! Hey, it's fair game with telemarketers. I know they're people who are trying to make a buck but if you're going to call me at my home, on the phone that I pay for, to try to sell me your product/service that I don't need... AND make me come up 2 flights of stairs to answer! We all know how that phone won't ring all day until you go down to the laundry room.

Besides, most of them are so rude and "no thank you" isn't good enough. I do have to answer calls from numbers that I don't recognize as we have 6 adult/almost adult kids who call from friends' cell phones as theirs need charging, etc. I'm too afraid some emergency will slip by if I don't answer.

I do try to keep it light but some days I dont have it in me to be explaining that I'm legally blind and don't want your newspaper subscription no matter what a great deal it is, or that we rent our house and the landlords look after duct cleaning.

My favourites are ones who obviously call a list straight from the phone book. My husband's name (who our phone is listed under) is George Harrison. People feel the need to comment on his famous name. Stuff like, "Can you dig up George Harrison?". Or they will ask, "The real George Harrison?" to which my reply is usually "Do I sound like a rich widow to you?"

Jen
                RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Whats wrong with a quick, "no thank you" followed immediately by the click of you hanging up the phone.
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  Anonymous

Comment

Problem is i have to dro/stop what i am doing trying to
                    Just to see who is calling. Very very irratating.

The guy was calling for an energy co I do not use.
                    My phone log shows over 30 THIRTY calls from this
                    Energy co. Most are HANG up calls, extra irratating!!!!
                    I got fed up with their calls Enough is enough sonetimes.

Oh there have been times i have a bit of fun, like the hone -imp seller telling me it would pay me to get new wibdiws (siding) . I ask them hoe much THEY are gojng to PAY ME to alloe their product on M Y house.

Gomer on funb phone????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
                      Whats wrong with a quick, "no thank you" followed immediately by the click of you hanging up the phone.
                      Jules, you're 100% right, that would be the mature way to handle these calls! It aggravates me that I have to pay for call display, with sound, just for these people. I have no need to screen my calls, I'm 48 and from a world where if you want to know who's calling, you pick up the phone.

A few years ago this "Do Not Call List" was mandated by some governing body and I made the mistake of registering our home phone no. on this list... which got us more inundated with telemarketers than ever (I know, I should have known better).

If I even pick up and immediately hang up, they keep calling, and from different numbers too. Or "Unknown Number" shows up.

I did not put either mine or my husband's cell phone no's on the list, and strangely enough, we get no telemarketers calling. It's definitely gotten worse since 10 digit dialing has become the norm and new local area codes keep popping up.

Jen
                      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I was a telemarketer about a hundred years ago. They are not allowed to end the call, no matter how many times you say "no" so just politely say "no thank you" & HANG UP!

Or take it a step further & don't answer if you don't recognize the number. In the basement or other room? Rather than run to the phone, let the answering machine get it. If it's important enough the caller will leave a message.

It's not their fault you were in the basement or don't have the funds/need for their products/services - as has already been pointed out, they are just trying to pay rent & buy groceries like you. Be thankful they are willing to work to support themselves!

Side note about MADD: I quit my telemarketing job over this organization. At that time, 75-80% of funds raised went to administrative costs. I couldn't raise funds for them with a clear conscience.
                        DX 10/2008
                        Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
                        Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
                        Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

When I get caught and answer a telemarketing call, I listen as they introduce themselves. Then I say "Thank you, but I am not interested. Please remove my number from your call list." (Even though I am on the DNC list.)

Many of the companies have never called me back, so I think they are getting better about respecting that request, and I didn't have to be rude.

There are times, though, when I've almost had to YELL to remove my number, and then I hang up.

Comment

If you can manage it, the answer is to have 2 lines. I use my land line for anyone who needs my phone # for "security reasons" and NEVER answer it! My cell is only for the important people in my life. It also helps to have a blocked number.

When I don't want to be disturbed, I turn the bell off. Since they started ROBO calls its gotten out of control.

Cosake knows it wasn't nice. The question is how NICE do we have to be?

Comment

Working...
                            X