Washout Period - from Copaxone to Tecfidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washout Period - from Copaxone to Tecfidera

I received my starter supply of Tecfidera in the mail yesterday. I was taking Copaxone and I called my neuro to see if there was a washout period. I spoke to a "tech" who thought about it ... and said... give it a week. No needles for a week and then start the Tecfidera.

Has anyone who is starting Tecifera from another drug been told anything different? I dunno, for some reason I'm not 100% sure of his response.

Thanks.

To be honest, I don't think you need a washout period with Copaxone. It only affects antibodies to mylen. That's why people give it to people with Progressive even though there is no proof. It's the most "benign" of all the drugs and is not a huge chemistry-altering drug like the others.

Good Luck!

Comment

My Neuro has said that no washout period was required changing from Copaxone to Tecfidera. As my next appointment is still 3 weeks away, my Neuro said I could go ahead and stop taking Copaxone now as it looks good for starting Tecfidera after my next appointment. My blood work all looks good so I'm looking forward to starting and I already am glad not to take my daily shot.

Comment

Mine also said no washout necessary, just stop Copaxone one day and start Tecfidera the next. Too bad there's conflicting info on this, or maybe it has to do with how well (or not) you've been doing on Copaxone. I injected for 12 years and was happy to say goodbye!

Comment

Working...
        X