Relapse Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relapse Question

I have a question about a current relapse I am having. I was diagnosed with RRMS 4 year ago.

I've been told that MS symptoms during a relapse come on quickly and then dissipate slowly over several weeks or months. Then you are left with whatever permanent symptoms you will be left with.

My current relapse started in mid April with numbness in my buttocks and vaginal area on the left side only. After about 10 days the numbness stopped. Two days after the numbness stopped the l'hermitte's sign started with tingling in my left leg when I bend my neck ...10 days later it has spread to my right leg.

Clearly, this is a cervical lesion, but have you had symptoms change during your relapse over an extended period of time?

I understood that symptoms come on fast and hang around, not change over the course of the relapse.

Absolutely.

Some relapses I've had the symptoms stay the same, with other ones the symptoms have spread/change.
    Diagnosed Aug. 2011 - Currently on Tysabri

Comment

Yes indeed. It's unlikely you've only got one lesion. So whatever sets the flare off is like a new itchy mosquito bite that makes some of the older ones itch again.

Comment

Working...
      X