WEIRD SENSATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEIRD SENSATION

I have had this sensation in he past but it seems to be worse today. When I move my head I get what feels like an electric charge that runs to my brain. It is very weird and I am not sure what's going on. I have been dx for two years and as I said I have experienced this is the past but not to the degree that it has been his afternoon.

Any ideas what this might be? Has anyone experienced this feeling?
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Do you have either brain stem or c-spine lesions? If so, this could explain the zaps. I get those from my multiple brain stem lesions when I suddenly move my head one way or the other. They don't appreciate quick moves and the suddenness can send off a zap of electrical signal right up your head, kind of like a reverse Lhermitte's sign, although that is a very simplified explanation and not exact.

What I mean by that is that to elicit Lhermitte's, one must bend their head forward or backward and shock like feeling will go downward through their body, they can also turn their head backward like when having your head washed at a hairstyling shop. When what you are experiencing is a quick turn of the neck and a shock going up through the head.

This can happen in MS in brain stem, or upper C-spine lesions. It can also happen in upper C-spine damage. You need an MRI to confirm the damage.

Tell your neurologist about the feelings, they will recognize the issue. It is a common problem in both MS and C-spine damage. Then let him sort it out.

Good luck
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Just wondering if you get any nausea or dizziness with this jolt? I only got this jolt once right up my head and all this pain landed in every frickin nerve in my face, teeth.

I just had Vestibular therapy for the dizziness I get when moving my eyes and neck to the side.

Any thoughts? Let me know what you learn please.

Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

MJAN,
        I do experience some dizziness but I am sure I can attribute it to the sensation I am having. I say that because I get dizzy spells on pretty consistent basis. I take valium for the dizziness which usually helps but sometime the dizziness wins out and nothing helps.

I see my Neuro on the 29th, if not sooner, and I will be sure to let you know what I find out.
        Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
        Babe Ruth

Comment

Working...
        X