I have 2 questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2 questions.

I know we talked about this somewhere, but I can't find the thread. When I put my glasses on in the morning it makes me kind of dizzy. These are newer glasses and I know they are made right. It's so weird.

The other question is about neck spasms. I've been getting something like spasms or small pulses (not sure how to describe it) up and down the sides and front of my neck. I have many bulging discs, especially in the thoracic area and my PCP seems to think most of my many pains are related to those discs. We've been over and over the issue and it always comes back to fibro type pain, costochondritis and the discs. She wants me to take Cymbalta, which I have been fighting. Still haven't tried it, but I probably will. Pain is pain and whatever works will be good as long as there aren't any side effects. I seem to get a lot of those with new meds.

Anyway, does anyone get these neck things?? Any ideas?
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Hi Marti:

The first question: This happens a lot with people with MS and those with MG. Your eyes will change quite rapidly, and especially in the morning it may be hard to get your eyes to
    come together. This is a tweak in the muscles that often become out of line with one another, even ever so slightly when one is weak. It can give one a sense of diplopia or double vision, which may only show up as a slight ghost vision in and around the object. It can also present as some waviness to objects, or fuzziness to them. If you are having trouble with INO, you may get "loose eye syndrome" and your eyes may dart around oddly and give you the feeling of bouncing eyes and a trail of light left behind from an object as your eye streaks by it.

Most are mild symptoms that clear up as the day goes by, or may take a couple of weeks to clear up. No need to try new glasses, as your eyes recover you will find that they no longer work for you as well. I have been through this roller coaster. Sometimes I just skip wearing my glasses on mornings like that, knowing that it will soon go away and be back to normal.

You might want to see your eye doc to make sure it is not a worsening of your astigmatism or something simple to fix, but don't let them fool around too much with your prescription...you will be back.

Second question: Neck spasms. I have more of what I would call throat spasms and tongue spasms, as my tongue is constantly moving. You can try talking to your neurologist about it and let them evaluate whether it is central or peripheral in nature. The neuro will know the best. There are medications that can treat this.

Hope everything improves for you.
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X