Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beating the steroid 'spread' :/

hi, all:

i was hospitalized with a relapse on march 3rd, and went through the regular treatment - 1,000 mg of steroids for 4 days.

after shedding the water weight, and back to 'normal' after 2 wks, i thought i had dodged a bullet. then the ravenous tsunami hit - my stomach was suddenly bottomless. i did a pretty good job watching my intake, but it was super hard.

now, i'm still struggling with every meal to stop eating, because i never feel full. and the constant bloat doesn't help, either.

are steroids the devil, or what?? it seems like they do something sinister to your metabolism.

what do you guys do to counteract steroid 'spread'?

Originally posted by zebulun View Post
    hi, all:
    are steroids the devil, or what?? it seems like they do something sinister to your metabolism.

what do you guys do to counteract steroid 'spread'?
    Just wait for the backlash of sweating and serious hot flashes..there is more yet! I hate steroids. I quit them 5 years ago.

Admittedly, I took some oral rounds of it and won't do that again. Oddly, 4 of the lbs I gained from the recent bought of steroids, just feel off.

The only way I was able to take off the steroid weight gain was using medicinal marijuana. People say they get the munchies with it, it did the opposite to my steroid laden body. It helped me lose tons!

I'll be interested in finding some better answers, as, I am sure, you, zebulon are. Interesting topic. fed

Comment

Working...
    X