crazy eye movements I can't control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crazy eye movements I can't control

I drive for a living and I started getting these crazy eye movements eyes crossing an rolling back in my head I haxe no control . What is this ? The only way to stop it is to sleep .

Thank you for any responses, Tammy
    A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails .
    (unknown)

You Are Not

You are not the only one. Sometime when a picture is taken of my my eyes look out of control. I have no idea what it is or what causes it all I can say is I look very weird.

Cheers, MDAE

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that! It sounds like you might have a lesion in a part of your brain that controls your eye movements. How long has it been going on and does your neuro know? If it just started then maybe steroids will help to clear it up more quickly.

When you say that you drive for a living do you mean that you have a commercial driver's license or just that driving is part of your job? Its bad enough for your safety (and everybody else's) that you have to drive this way but if you have a commercial license the vision rules say you shouldn't be driving commercially at all. I hope you talk to your neuro so maybe you can get it cleared up ASAP.

Comment

Nystagmus

This condition is called Nystagmus. Drugs such as Botox or Baclofen can reduce some nystagmic movements, although results are usually temporary. Some people with nystagmus benefit from biofeedback training. Make sure you undergo regular eye exams so you can be monitored for both health and vision issues. Both eyeglasses and contact lenses can help people with nystagmus see better, but I have found contact lenses to be the superior alternative for many with nystagmus. With glasses, the eyes sweep back and forth over the lens centers and vision is not as clear. With contacts, however, the lens centers move with the eyes.
        Andrea.G.Wolford

Comment

Does it happen mostly when you're tired? Have you ever had optic neuritis?
          (I was unpleasantly surprised to learn there were still visible "scars" 15 years after I had it. Thank you ophthalmologist, and I mean that, because it explained a lot.)

Comment

I have been told that I do this since I was in junior high, close to 30 years. I never really thought it was part of my MS stuff, but if that is the case, then I have an idea that my MS has been with me for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by andreagwolford View Post
              This condition is called Nystagmus
              Everything I've ever read plus all the videos I've seen say that nystagmus is when eyes move back and forth or up and down together. The OP said her eyes feel like they're crossing and rolling back in her head. That doesn't sound like nystagmus.

Originally posted by andreagwolford View Post
              Both eyeglasses and contact lenses can help people with nystagmus see better, but I have found contact lenses to be the superior alternative for many with nystagmus. With glasses, the eyes sweep back and forth over the lens centers and vision is not as clear. With contacts, however, the lens centers move with the eyes.
              I'm sorry but I don't understand this part. The OP didn't say that she wants to see better she said she can't control her eye movements. How will contact lenses stop her eyes from crossing and rolling back in her head?

Comment

idk if this is helpful or not. But, it could be other things, as well.
                My primary care physician has exactly what you describe in OP. My M.D. has Meniere's and his is related to that. It is really weird, when it is only in one eye. He is very self conscious of it and aware. fed

Comment

thank you for responses .My neuro does know and has ordered an MRI .It is worse at night I drive a cab for railsoad but tuld ny boss today so I can train but not drive safely.

I'm not tired when it happens and it can happen anytime while I'm eating watching tv etc. I think I'm having a flare so maybe thats the cause .

It's awful and I hope it stops soon .Tammy
                  A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails .
                  (unknown)

Comment

I am happy you are getting an MRI. It sounds as if you may have a brain stem lesion. Like MSer102 said, if it is soon enough to when it started again, you can get some IVSM to lessen the side effects of the BINO, or CPEO, whichever you have.

I do hope you feel better soon. These things can be miserable.
                    I know from experience of Bilateral Internuclear Opthalmoplegia.

Take care,
                    Lisa
                    Moderation Team
                    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
                    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
                    Tysabri

Comment

I think Lisa is right about the brain stem lesion.

I also hope you feel better soon.

Comment

hi

The conditions do similarize nystagmus. And these are some treatments that are recommended in this condition. I mentioned all..
                        Andrea.G.Wolford

Comment

Working...
                        X