Fed up ……(warning, long rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fed up ……(warning, long rant)

I am still sick to my stomach over the ransacking of my Lakeland house. No word if the sheriff has any suspects etc. I suspect my vulture neighbors down there. Not a single one of the four I spoke to had a kind word, no token gestures to help in any way, not even sorry. Up here in Michigan my very able bodied next door neighbor cleans up her yard and dumps some of it just around the fence on my side for me to try and take care of or hauls it to just the other side of my yard.

Not sure what the ins company will do/say about the mess, and it’s a huge mess! I expect they will look for any loopholes to minimize their loss &/or avoid covering anything they can.

Last year was a busy year from Jan thru Dec with doctors, ER visits and a couple hospitalizations. This year started out OK, got thru so far w/o any ER visits or hospital stays. This year it’s trying to stay afloat with increasing costs & expenses. Now I cannot even afford to go to one of my son’s open house event. I hope I can get my much needed car repair by early June. Till then, I don’t dare drive too far.

For self-therapy, (to keep what little semblance of sanity I can) I have been doing multiple projects around the home, tinkering in my shop, doing medical Hx research etc. I spend a little time doing one thing then switch to another. All I can do is hope the sky does not come completely crashing down on me.

Seems the battle with the VA over service connection for MS will never end. My PVA reps have been almost totally useless. Bad and don’t care (being overly polite here) attitudes prevail with many (but not all though) at both the VA & PVA. In researching my active duty med recs, I did find a little mention relating to my diplopia, which was THE issue that put me in MS limbo and started the quest for Dx. The VA gave not one iota of credence to my eye Dr.’s letter on the subject, even though he was the one who opened the MS can-o-worms for me.

On the plus side I am working on gathering all I can, to counter their denial. I am working on getting an attorney to replace the do-as-little-as-possible gas PVA in my case. I hope the attorney finds a chance to go all the way back to 1987 when the VA stone walled me on what turned out to be MS. Back then they sent me to their shrinks, thinking my complaining that something “else was wrong” was all in my head. As it turned out in a twisted way they were right, in the form of Dawson’s fingers. I am so sick and tired of being Mr. Nice Guy, its past time to get a junk-yard dog attorney on my side and go for every dime I can rightfully claim.

I think I may also have a documented case for service connection for my diabetes. I am going to see my Endo at the diabetes center armed with what related Navy records I can dig up and get his opinion on the matter first. Problem is some important info & a test I took was left out of my med rec (wonder why), but there may still be enough to support a claim.

? Anyone here have experience with mortgage modifications, via MHA? (a govt program that ends in Dec)

Sorry for the very long vent

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

It seems that you have posted several times about the emotional and finacial stress that comes from owning a second home. Am I wrong in deducing that selling one would relieve this?

Comment

Sounds so simple..........

Wish it were that simple.

I tried a couple years ago, sell out and take a hit (loss).

No realestate agent wanted to BOTHER with a lower value house. Too busy pushing 200K and up, and I do mean way UP properties. Compund that with the market, which is starting to come back a little, but for how long?

The Property taxes more than doubled almost as soon as I bought it & now nearly tripple what they were when I bought it and insurance likewise is more than double. So taxes and insurance have rocketed in recent years while the property value went down...go figure? That does not include recent events, (ransacking, grafiti etc).

This started out to be our retirement home.

Oh no problem selling, especially to neighbors. Several want to buy all or part of it for pennies on the current value dollar. Of course some want me to hold paper on it, NO WAY! I would be, well was willing to sell it for say HALF what I put into it, not counting sweat labor.

Just as the market started rebounding a little, my place gets TRASHED! Now its not in what I would consider sellable condition.. I WAS going to put it on the market, for sale by owner when I got down this time, now even that option is not very realistic.

One neighbor down there I helped them get help after a hurricane, but like the other neighbors, they are just heartless vulrures now. I did have one good neighbor next door, but has now moved. (his TV was stolen from his living room by another neighbor who smashed a window to get in and was caught in the act).

Comment

Wow. So what you are saying is that your retirement home is straping you financially for an end game of you living with people who you believe are stealing from you? I think it is time for you to rethink your prospective on this one.

Comment

Hi Gomer,

Is it worth putting one home up for rental until the market rebounds. It always rebounds,, at least that used to be true.

Comment

So sorry for ALL you are going through.. ENOUGH (shaking fists in the air!)

Could you put on a camera to catch your neighbor in action?

Hope you get the answers..soon..enough already!
            And that things work out for the best.

Hugs, Jan
            I believe in miracles~!
            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
            X