feeling of hand on throat and chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeling of hand on throat and chest

This isn't a new symptom for me but its driving me crazy. I get a feeling on my throat and sometimes upper chest that something like a hand or maybe a like a turtle neck feels is laying on it. It doesn't hurt but bothers me. I have had this for years. Is it a part of ms?

I have had something similar to what you are describing many times on and off. For me, when I'm lying in bed it feels like my clothing is pulled tight against my neck. But, when I attempt to pull it forward, off of my neck, it's actually not touching my neck. It's a strange feeling to say the least. It has caused me to have panic attacks in the past.

This started happening before my MS diagnosis, and I've never talked to my neuro about it, so i'm not sure if it is related to MS or not. I always used to think it was caused by anxiety, but in the last year i've realized it causes me anxiety! I've read about others with MS having similar feelings, however.

Regardless of the cause, I hope you get some relief soon!
    , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".

Comment

T2B thanks for the reply. Yes you described the feeling much better than I did. I have had it for years. When I was still working as an RN we kept our stethoscopes around our necks and I was constantly tearing it off as felt it was causing the sensation. Then I was diagnosed with ms which was 13 years ago and it continues. I no longer wear anything that rests on my throat or upper chest so only scoop necks for me. I am thinking its an ms thing but is nice to know somebody else has it although wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Comment

I also get this symptom. I was diagnosed about 15 months ago. I had this happen several times before being diagnosed. It definitely causes me to panic. It feels like pressure tight choking sensation around my neck. I am not happy you experience this but glad to see it happens to other people.

Comment

Working...
        X