Those hit and run leg pains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those hit and run leg pains

I'm sure someone else gets these weird, random pains in different places in the legs. Mine can hit anywhere, for short spurts or longer durations. I can go days or weeks without feeling them, then they suddenly start. Sometimes they are sharp sometimes aching etc.

I only ask because somewhere in the back of my mind I wonder if these really are from the MS. So, do you guys get these kinds of leg pains? I am not discolored or swollen or hot to the touch. So what else could it be?
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I am 66 and have PPMS. I cannot walk anymore and spend the day sitting in my power chair or the couch. Most of my leg pains occur in the evening or in my sleep. This of course makes no sense cause my legs aren't working. Sometimes my knees, sometimes my thighs, last week the back of my legs! MS stinks. Legs are just part of it.

Comment

Yes, I get leg pains at different times but I do tend to notice them more if I am lying in bed or in my recliner and trying to relax I think they probably happen when I am up and moving as well but they are easier to overlook if my legs are "busy".

They can be achy or they can be sharp pains in my muscles or they can feel like someone stuck me with a sharp tack or even like an insect bit me. All sorts of "fun" and unpredictable sensations
      MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

See this last relapse, (and the one before I recall) both brought lingering leg pain. I have random pain all through my legs. Not (bug bite) or(stinging) just **ouch i should have a ruddy great lump or a bruise there.....throb for an indeterminate amount of time ((6 seconds to all night/day)) then repeat in a new location** and I get that all through my legs often in several different spots at once. Seems like the steroids made it 'worse' for a while... since the roids give me cramps I wonder if all those pains are localized spasms. which would be just lovely don't you agree? not much help to solve it... unless I'm the worlds most potassium deficient woman and thats the secret

Comment

Working...
        X