Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Questions

Hi everyone,

First off, I have not been diagnosed with MS but I do have a lot of the signs and symptoms: tingling, burning, muscle weakness, fatigue, urinary incontinence and dizziness. I have an appointment with a neurologist in two weeks and I didn't know if there were any specific things or questions to discuss with him to get a diagnosis. Thanks so much for the help!

A competant neurologist will not diagnose MS solely based on what you tell them.

There are tests they can order that will.

MS is a very specific condition where the immune system begins attacking the outer covering of nerve tissues. That, in a nutshell, is MS.

What we feel isn't MS, its the effects of damage to the nervous system that was caused by MS.

My best advice to you is to be completely honest with your Dr. This will avoid wasting time exploring the wrong symtoms. There can be many reasons why you feel certain symtoms and there are many symtoms common to MS and other conditions.

Comment

Aubgurl ~ here is a link from the Am Academy of Neurology about preparing for an office visit. It might be a bit of overkill, but hopefully you can gleam something from this. http://patients.aan.com/go/preparingforanofficevisit

Good luck to you!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

* Make a symptom log of everything that you can remember that has happened to you, with dates, symptom, severity, treatment, etc. if you have that info

* Have a list of any of your medications with dosages and reason for taking - even OTC ones

* Bring the copies of the results of any other testing you have had done (bloodwork, MRI, etc.) with you

* Take a list of questions that you have with you

* Bring someone with you who can take notes for you. You will not remember everything.

Good luck !

Comment

Working...
        X