Looseing my ablity to walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looseing my ablity to walk

Hi everyone, I have been diagnosed for 18 years now I am fighting with chronic fatige so bad that I can only walk for certain distance before my entire body fights against me. Typing this letter has caused my hands to become very weak. Has any one experienced this? Also, am I going to get my legs back?
    Enjoy the Sun each day that it Shines!

I am so sorry you are going through this

I am certainly no expert. I have PPMS and no one wants to give me any prescription. You are still very smart to ask her, because lots of subscribers have gone through these things. Myself, I had to really push myself today, to get a dozen items of clothing hung onto hangers on the self drying clothes rack I have in my room. Now I bought a Casadia maker at Krogers, so I need to go into the kitchen, because I need to have this for each meal now. I have no Mexican or Spanish ancestry, but I need my spicy Casadia at each meal now.

Comment

Hello, I'm about the same, fifteen years for me. I feel like the last three years have been one long flare. Every time I think I might be getting a little bit better, back it comes.

i am declaring myself SPMS, since all the neuro would say was it was "severe MS" and then offered me some more Copaxone.

Do you think a dose of steroids might help? I wish I could tell you whether you'll get your legs back. It's possible.

It does suck this disease.

Comment

Hi Ms Jackson!

I get that you're worried! Are you in a flare? Have you spoken with your Neuro?

I also get weakness, or heaviness in my arms but not all the time.

Nobody can tell you if you're going to "get your legs back". I know that's the last thing you want to hear because I've been there too.

I went from being an active person to unable to walk, to walking with a walker. Then bedridden and now in a wheelchair. Good news is, I'm slowly learning to walk again. With my walker, I can now take about 10 steps. I exercise my legs as much as possible to keep them working.

Are you seeing a PT? Can the doctor give you anything to keep your energy levels up? Are you on vitamin supplements?

There are so many variables with MS but you need to speak with your doctor and see what he thinks.

Keep us updated!!!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

just a thought but sometimes you can use a chair or a wlker (depedning on your situation) to help preserve you strenght a little so that when you want to walk a short distance you have more reserved energy. it is also worth trying to get involved with a PT with a rehab background, i am completely chair dependant but they have been able to give me excercise programs so that i can maintain muscle strenght as much as possible to help with things like transfers and posture etc. there is never any guarnatee with this disease what we will get back but there are people such as the PT's who can help us maintain what we have

Comment

Is this a change from the past 18 years?

To not be able to walk more than a little and hands feeling weak after too much typing sounds normal to me. I used to say my limit was 2 blocks, but with Ampyra now I can do 6, & back too if I can rest in between.

Is this something new and different from the past 18 years?

Comment

Working...
            X