Blurred vision after MRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blurred vision after MRI

Has anyone here experienced blurred vision for a few hours after an MRI with contrast?

I noticed after my scan on Friday that I couldn't make out faces only 20 ft away for a few hours afterwards.

Just wondered if anyone else had the same or something similar??

Thanks

Poppy

I just had my brain done Friday with contrast and no problems.

Comment

Thanks Tomjadg.

Have you ever had optic neuritis? I'm just wondering whether the blurring is related to my (probably) having had it? Otherwise, I'm just grasping at straws.

Poppy

Comment

Over the years I have probably had at least a dozen MRI's with a couple done during a flare with optic neuritous. Had OP before and still had OP after the mri. I wonder if you are having some kind of backlash from your OP?
        Karen

Comment

I've had optic neuritis several times. ON doesn't come on and go away in a few minutes or a few hours. What happened to you wasn't ON. Did you get overheated in the MRI? That might have been a pseudoflare. Maybe it was a reaction to the contrast dye?

I've had ON and I've had MRI's and I never had blurry vision after.

Comment

Poppy,

Never have I had blurred vision after MRI.

You CERTAINLY need to inform your Neuro of this!!
            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I've had blurred vision after an MRI. You are not alone. Tell your neuro. He/she might listen. They tend to be very dismissive sometimes.

Comment

Working...
              X