changing doctors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing doctors

I have been seeing a neurologist since Fall 2002 and he was "by the book" as he took be through the diagnostic process and then onto Rebif in Summer 2005. I'm at a place where I think it's time to have a new doctor. He is aging, not particularly pro-active. Though I've appreciated his conservative approach (only four MRI's in almost 10 years) and because I have a milder form of the disease it's been okay with me so far. BUT, there is just something pressing on me that "it's time" to find a new doctor, one who is up on the latest and will make me confident he is really handling my care rightly.

I will be seeing the new neuro (who comes with good recommendations from other MSers) on Monday Apr 22.

I've already requested my records from "old" dr to be set to the new. Hopefully he will receive them in time for my visit next week.

What should I take with me by way of "information" and questions on this visit? Any help for me out there? This is the only time I've very purposed to change a doctor of any kind.

Thanks.
    Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Originally posted by bammaw View Post
    I've already requested my records from "old" dr to be set to the new. Hopefully he will receive them in time for my visit next week.
    It's a good idea to have your own copies of your records. If you don't it sounds like there still might be time to get them from your old doctor. Its happened to me a couple of times that when I went to a new doctor they never got my old records so the appointment didn't go like it should have. You'll have to pay a fee to have them copied for yourself but its worth it.

Your new doctor might barely even look at your old records but its still a good idea for you to have your own copies with you. Of your old information your new neuro will probably want to see your old MRIs so I think you should take your discs with you. Since MRIs aren't paper they might not have been sent to your new neuro.

I think that if you think about the reasons why you want to get a new neuro you can turn those into questions to ask. Like how your doing and if you might do better if you change to a new medicine or anything else you should be doing differently.

I hope you like your new neuro and that the appointment goes well.

Comment

Thanks MSer102

Thanks for the tip on my records. I will call tomorrow and check on this.
      Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

Working...
      X