Twitching?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twitching?!?

Hi! I am newly diagnosed and extremely paranoid . I have been researching and don't see much information about muscle twitching. I have diffuse muscle "twitches" that are driving me crazy and I am wondering how common this is with MS? Of course when you research muscle twitches you see a host of information about ALS and then I start freaking out. Anyone out there twitching with me?

Ldybg,

Actually there have been posts about twitching, here on MSW, and many people have commented about having various "twitches". I have a few different twitches. I just deal with it because they eventually go away. The only one that bugs me is the facial/eye twitch. The one were I have to tell people "I am not winking at you". Humor helps.
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

yes

Yes, I am also a twitcher. There are many of us here. My neuro said it's not a symptom of MS and like you I've been paranoid about it so it's comforting to know that others experience it.

Comment

I experience this too

Yes, there are many of us that experience this so just know that its common and it will come and go. So smile your normal.....lol

Ms. jackson
        Enjoy the Sun each day that it Shines!

Comment

YEP, COULDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT BECAUSE MY LEFT FOOT WAS JUST TWITCHING AWAY. I ALSO HAVE A NASTY COLD. BUT THE TWITCHING WAS JUST DRIVING ME CRAZY!! HAPPENS OFF AND ON ALL OVER.
          DIAGNOSED=2012
          ISSUES LONG BEFORE
          REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Since MS is a disease of the CNS, isn't it possible that the 'nervous system' is just reminding you by twitching ? I have had some of this in my legs for several years. It is MS, you know. Anything is possible ! I was tested for magnesium levels and they were borderline low. So now I take a supplement, 400mgs daily.

Comment

I get them under my eye and above my lip on occasion, usually when I'm really tired (that's really the main time I'm reminded of my MS!). I feel a little like Billy Idol when the lip starts twitching.

Comment

twitches

I have them on and off quite often, 95% not bothersome until my legs kick unintentionally lol... my sister asked me about twitches also but she is not dx with ms only common thing we have is we both had neck surgery.

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the feedback; it is always comforting to know I am not alone with one of my "crazy" symptoms. I have noticed that if I don't obsess about it as much that the twitching isn't as bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X