wildly fluctuating emotions -- RANT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wildly fluctuating emotions -- RANT

I am finding that I have almost NO tolerance for sudden shifts and changes in my job (at home too, but that's a bit different).

I work in a hospital which is in the process of a complete changeover from one fairly old, not too automated medical record system to a new one, EPIC. The whole hospital is in a state of semi-controlled chaos over this, people scheduled all over the place for training classes.

I got scheduled for what I thought were the scheduling classes I needed; then found out that some helpful employee on the trainer side UNenrolled me; so that put me out 2 weeks later and then THAT one got changed to next Monday afternoon.

Today just to be sure I looked at the schedule and it said "not enrolled"! AAAACCCKK! The location of the class was changed without notifying me and so I've now scheduled myself for a different day and time... not sure which to keep. Felt like my head might explode! So I've spent most of the afternoon trying to get answers from the people who are supposed to be directing this whole fiasco, and of course, being Friday afternoon most people are heading out to do whatever.

In past years, I could have rolled with this, but in the past few years I don't deal well at all with roadblocks thrown in my way. I'm on the verge of tears right now. I know it will all get fixed, but I just had to let it all out... and you all are the ones who get to hear it.

Thanks for listening...

Andi,
    I can completely relate to your post as many of us can. Some of the "tools" or even "coping mechanisms" we developed over time can fail us.

Check this link:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ges/index.aspx

I wish there was an easy answer or even a hard answer, but one doesn't come to mind. I work with a counselor to develop new strategies for dealing with situations ... it's far from perfect.

Comment

I know that everyone working here is stressed out about this changeover, but I find myself getting really super angry that the people who are doing the changes can't get it right. Of course with a huge change like this, there will always be glitches and I know that... but sometimes it just doesn't help.

I guess just trying to breathe in... and out... in... and out... maybe will help.

This is all on top of a couple of other stressors that have been ongoing this week. So glad it's the weekend!

Comment

Working...
      X