Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your single best piece of M.S. survival tip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your single best piece of M.S. survival tip!

This hasn't been asked in awhile and I've seen a lot of new names on the Boards. So what is YOUR singular best piece advice for those living with M.S.?
    Tawanda

Choose which battle to fight.
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

The importance of rest and recovery particularly for the CNS, are not stressed enough, in my opinion. I'm convenienced that the recovery I've achieved would not have been possible without it. It's not a quick or easy fix, but that's probably not possible.

Choosing your battles is a good one too.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Nietzsche, but he said this in regards to survival....

"He who has a why to live for can bare any how."

Jer

Comment

Live your life

Concentrate on what you can do, not on what you can't.

If you need to, find a new way of being able to do X (X=whatever activity you can no longer do the "normal" way)
          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...

Comment

Don't look back! Keep courageously moving forward, while being mindful that we have much to learn from adversity. Allow yourself time to grieve if need be. If you are having a tough time, remember that "This too shall pass".

Love yourself

Great thread, Tawanda
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

This is what I wrote recently for ActiveMSers and I believe it's helped a number of folks. It's on my short list of best tips for MS.

[QUOTE]When you’ve got a disease like MS, you’ve got to make some adjustments, some little and some big, there’s just no getting around it. But there is one adjustment that trumps them all. One adjustment you have to make if you are going to have any chance at getting the upper hand on your multiple sclerosis.
              /QUOTE]
              Dave Bexfield

Comment

Lexapro

Comment

Realize you are more than this disease.

Find things (hobbies, places, people) that take your mind off the disease. Don't let the disease, if possible, become the focus of your life.

Exercise and live life to the best of your ability.

You can't change the fact you have MS and the difficulties that may come. You can be happy --- happiness is a state of mind. Change the things in your life which no longer make you happy.

It's okay to grieve, to experience the range of the emotions brought about when dealing with MS.
                  Diagnosed 1984
                  “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Realize that control is an illusion and then become a master of illusion.

Comment

Plan for your financial future, NOW!
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      Anonymous

Comment

adapt and overcome!
                        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                        volunteer
                        MS World
                        hunterd@msworld.org
                        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Whoops, sorry about my cryptic post above. I appears the link to the story was accidentally deleted by the moderators. If you are interested in the tip, visit ActiveMSers and click on the big guy with the big gun, you can't miss him.

Dave

Comment

This has taken me many years to get to and still learning. Know when to say No. With the changes MS brings we need to adjust with what works better for us. If we get over loaded we aren't able to have the best chance of a better day for us or the ones we Love.

Comment

It's not going to be as bad as you fear, but probably not as good as you hope.

Most likely, your MS, if you've been diagnosed with RRMS, will be somewhere in the middle.

"Happy is the man with neither hope nor fear". Haven't met him yet, mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X