Want answers seeing PCP Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want answers seeing PCP Today

Hi , I am going to see my PCP today, I believe she will prob order an MRI.
    I have neuro appt May 1st, but hoping will get expedited.
    In the last 3 weeks i have gotten progressively worse.
    Started out what I thought was sciatica, but the numbness and pain are felt from my face to my feet, so i dont think its sciatica alone, it transfers from side to side daily, and now affecting both sides. ( I am having hard time walking, feel very stiff, been stretching every day, until a few weeks ago i was doing at least 30-40 minutes of cardio, can no longer do that, only stretches.
    This last week, my right side gave out and i fell real hard.
    Also this week when got out of bath tub, had searing pain in back, so bad it took me over ten minutes to get dressed.
    I tried icing it, helped very little.
    Anyway just looking for answers from docs. And just seeking kind words and support.
    I am going through a divorce, and now my daughter has chosen to live with her dad, she does not want to live with a disabled mom.
    So i am feeling real low these days, i expect my PCP will switch me to effesor(sp?).
    I am under a lot of stress, once divorce is final will be seeking SSI.
    I also have a severe form of IC (interstitial Cystitis). Its a bladder condition which is so painful to urinate, much freq. and urge. Bladder meds dont help, I have pace maker for bladder in me with little help.
    I have therapist appt next Thurs, hoping that will help.
    Have pain management appt 4-16, and neuro app 5-1.
    My URO has said she will support me in getting SSI, also trying to get other docs to support me in SSI as well, as I can not get a job, and have no source of income, ex will help support me in a nearby trailer til I am approved.
    Since I worked most of marriage for 30 years I am not entitled to alimony, and his house and everything are solely in his name only.
    I am so scared right now, I am in tears.
    I am having a chest cold i guess, cant breathe well, and have had a wheeze for weeks, now i cant swallow, i have lost close to 85 pounds since last July. i weigh about 145 now, its OK weight, but want to lose a little more to make an even 100 pounds lost, bringing me down to 125.
    My daughter is angry now, because i have been wearing her clothes, my 2 x obviously dont fit me anymore.
    Also I have severe anxiety, so hoping therapist and pyhc will back me up with SSI as well.
    Ok sorry so long, will report back what doc says. Please wish me well
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Wow, you've got a lot on your plate right now, and are handling a lot of stress.

Maybe your primary can help sort things out. I find my GP doc is the best listener of the different docs I see. I can bounce anything off him, and he helps me determine if it's a neuro problem or a regular health problem.

Hoping you get some answers.

Comment

Wow globbylube: it sounds like you have a lot going on! I hope you get some answers today, or at least some directions today from your PCP. It is good that you have a neurology appointment already in May. Actually, that is not that far away.

Good luck today!

Take care
      Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

New Meds

Thanks so much for replying and giving me support, as i so need it.
        In 04 MS was suspected but neg MRI, so I imagine new Neuro will order new MRI, as at the moment, there isn't one symptom of MS I do not have.

PCP, added Effesor to my meds, changed the Flexerill to baclofen to see if would help better, just took , to soon to tell.

Added Valium for severe panic/anxiety. Her and PM will not help me w/SSI, but URO and therapist will, and with prob MS DX in May, I think I stand a decent chance of getting SSI. Also will ask new psych 4-9 if he will back me up with SSI, they will sometimes if you pay them too.

My soon to be EX says he will support me til I get approved. Please pray I get approved, as there is no way I can work, urinating upwards to 10 x a hour, and in pain, i can barely walk, or drive at this point.
        Was doing 30 mins of cardio til this hit, now all I can manage is stretching, which helps. Baths are becoming dangerous to me.
        Sorry I am all over the place, very tense right now.

PCP suggested I ask PM to scribe a breakthrough pain med til i can get in on the 16th. I asked for Dilaudid, as that has helped me in the hosp before, and works rather well. Please pray he scribes me something, Loratab alone is not cutting it.

PCP also added firocet, and imitrex for my migraines, and more Zofran.
        Oh I was also dx today with pneumonia, she scared me half to death, i was about to leave and she said wait, your x-ray is abnormal, and it was a serious tone in her voice, I was thinking Dear God I have lung cancer, I was so relieved when she said pneumonia, not that that is good, but is curable, and not lung cancer, as have been exposed to second hand smoke for several years.

I go back in two weeks, to make sure pneumonia has cleared up. She put me on and Albuterol inhaler, and doxcline? cant spell it??
        So I am exhausted, has been long scary day.
        I cannot swallow solid foods, not sure why, so i purchased a big canister of protein powder with fiber and stuff, enough to last a week, so i will live off that til can swallow solid foods.

OK thanks all for listening, I really need friends right now and support. Thanks again...Sheryl

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
        God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Dear gloobylube~ You've been through a lot lately, haven't you? I would be having anxiety attacks too! The valium will help with that. I hope that this will all get straightened out, you get on assistance, and you feel better soon!! Sending prayers you way and get some good rest - especially with pneumonia!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Have you seen a lawyer about your divorce?
            You still should be able to get some alimony, especially since you are not working and the divorce is not final.
            Also, you "contributed" to the household for 30 years, so even though the house was in just his name you may own an "interest" in it.
            You need to see a lawyer.

Good Luck.

Comment

Well divorce seems pretty cut and dry, basically I get screwed, and only hope of income is SSI.
              I also learned my pneumonia is called Interstitial Pneumonia, which when searched appears to be a bit worse than simple pneumonia.
              i follow up in 2 weeks.
              I am dead weak, all limbs heavy, stiff numb, and painful,
              Barley able to swallow, cannot eat solid food.
              Been drinking drinking protein shakes and water til i can eat solidly again.

Even the shakes and water are nearly impossible to swallow as well, but forcing myself too for nutrition.
              i have to drive 130 miles today, so ex can see daughter for Easter, family does not take dx seriously and thinks I am making a mountain out of a mole hill.
              I literally feel like I am going to die, and have no resources except my sister in diff state.
              I am at a lost and really do not know what to do, except just lay down and die....

Comment

Working...
              X