STALKER INSURANCE NURSE??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STALKER INSURANCE NURSE??

Since I am new to this I figured it would probably be better to ask you guys here ...

but do ya'll have a special nurse from your insurance company that calls you??

I do and her name is Allison and I can't figure out if she is "nice" or "creepy-stalkerish" ...

anyway, she called me Friday and I was really sick - I puked 5 times in 2 hours ... she asked if I had called the doctor .. NO I didn't and why would I??

Should I have called the doctor? In the past I would not have called.

I told her I was really unable to talk and asked her call me back Monday ... was that OK?

Any help or advice would be great!!
    Jan 2012 - Onset of ON
    Feb 2013 - 2nd DX of ON
    March 2013 - 5 days IV steroids
    April 2013 - 5 days IV steroids
    June 5, 2013 - DX of RMMS

Some insurance companies assign nurses so patients don't feel alone with their conditions and it makes the company look good. Some assign them to try to make sure patients are following their treatments so they don't cost the insurance company more money. I've read that a lot of people actually like the attention. But if you don't you can just tell the nurse your not interested and to please not call anymore. You might have to call your member services or patient relations office and ask them to opt out. You don't have to talk to the nurse if you don't want to which means you didn't have to be artificially nice by asking her to call back on Monday. You could have just told her not to call back at all. Maybe you'll do that the next time?

Comment

Should you have called the doctor? Only YOU know about that (if you haven't guessed, I vote for stalkerish)!

My insurance co. has assigned me a "case manager." In the beginning they called & wrote several times to tell me about / enroll me in the program, but the only time I actually talked to them I made it clear that I would only be accepting medical advice from my direct providers. I hope that's the last I've heard from them...

The Shared Solutions people also want to insert themselves into your daily life, but I just ignore them.
      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

wellness program

I have been enrolled in the wellness program with the insurance program for depression for years. They have been helpful at times, annoying at times.

They are optional and you can choose to talk to them or not talk to them. enroll or not enroll in the program.

I have also done the same with my sons' asthma management. Sometimes annoying and sometimes okay.

I believe if you are honest with them they can be very helpful.
        God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Well I guess I am not the ONLY one then ....

I still feel she is sorta stalkerish but then again this is all new to me ...
          Jan 2012 - Onset of ON
          Feb 2013 - 2nd DX of ON
          March 2013 - 5 days IV steroids
          April 2013 - 5 days IV steroids
          June 5, 2013 - DX of RMMS

Comment

Originally posted by imrachelk View Post
            Since I am new to this I figured it would probably be better to ask you guys here ...

but do ya'll have a special nurse from your insurance company that calls you??

I do and her name is Allison and I can't figure out if she is "nice" or "creepy-stalkerish" ...

anyway, she called me Friday and I was really sick - I puked 5 times in 2 hours ... she asked if I had called the doctor .. NO I didn't and why would I??

Should I have called the doctor? In the past I would not have called.

I told her I was really unable to talk and asked her call me back Monday ... was that OK?

Any help or advice would be great!!
            I have the nurse from the insurance company that calls me also, I think this is a fairly common practice. I don't think there is anything to be alarmed about.

I would say that if your condition does not improve by Monday, that you definitely call the doctor!
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Yes I have one of those too.

I kept getting called by this nurse, so I called the insurance company directly. Always suspicious about giving out info over the phone. Turned out to be legit. I never did a clear reason that I would need this service since I have a good re pore with my Drs. and their nurses.
              I talked to him once and have not returned his calls since and he seems to have given up. Hope you get to feeling better.

Comment

Keep in mind that these nurses work for and are paid by the insurance company. Their primary purpose is reporting back to the insurance company about how you are caring for yourself. I told the nurse they assigned to me that I did not want to be contacted.

Comment

I've had one of the drug co. nurses call me and I normally don't mind their calls, but this one in particular was giving me an "attitude" over the phone. All I could think was "geez, you're the one that called me, hello?". Some can be really annoying.

Comment

Working...
                  X