Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flare or infection? Here we go again ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flare or infection? Here we go again ...

I can't find my previous thread (one step forward, two steps back), so I am starting this one. Besides, things have changed/worsened since I started that thread.

I finished my Prednisone taper on Monday (was on that along with an antibiotic earlier in the month). Next thing I knew, I started having some issues with walking, starting on Tuesday night. I knew it didn't feel right, but decided to blame it on "doing too much" or on the stress of trying to fix supper and help my son with his homework at the same time (middle schooler; 'nough said).

I ended up going to lie down as soon as supper was over that night. Then, last night (after several daytime naps), I went to bed early (unusual for me) and awoke at 2:30 to find both legs felt "asleep/waking up" and had to get out of bed. I managed to make it downstairs to sit in the recliner. Finally, the awful tingling went away, but I hesitated to get up and try going upstairs. I fell asleep.

I woke up when my kids and husband were coming downstairs; unusual for me to oversleep. Unfortunately, my legs were not awake. As a matter of fact, I had to use a walker to get around and even THAT was hard. I couldn't drive my daughter to school; had to ask the neighbor to drive her (she takes her daughter, too).

After talking with the MS nurse at my neuro's office, I'm going to get some blood work done to rule out infection (and give a urine sample to rule out a UTI). I don't want to go on steroids again if I don't have to. I just want to know what the best treatment is for whatever is going on with me this time.

Prayers are always welcome!

I'm sorry you're feeling so awful readingteacher! I am glad that you called the Neuro's office. As soon as results come in, then you won't have to worry so much.

In the meantime, rest as much as you can and use the walker when you do get up. You don't want to risk a fall.

I hope you get better soon, hugs!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
    X