Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions. Input appreciated.

Hello all.. I appreciate all and any help

My "symptoms" began approximately one year ago after waking up and noticing a haze over my right eye. After realizing this was not going away I began to panic. This haze lasted for 2-3 days and then slowly Cleared up. During this time I did go to the ER where blood work, ct scan and MRI were completed. All were negative except a sinus infection. Go figure. I then had a follow up with my family physician who referred me on to a neurologist as muscle twitches had developed. I also had an appointment with the optometrist to check the status of my eye/vision. All clear given from eye doctor. No signs of inflammation or ON.

Neurologist did further bloodwork, exam, and looked at my MRI that was completed in the ER of my head. Did not see anything so decided to wait and see of anything changed. Over the next 2-3 monks I developed a lot of muscle soreness exercise intolerance and extreme fatigue. I recontacted neurologist and he completed an emg and nerve conduction test which also came back negative. I then had a period of time with a lot of right leg pain. Medial thigh to right foot. This continues to come and go. I also have experienced feelings of heaviness in mh arms and legs as well as a sensation of drooling (even though i am not) I was referred to another neurologist where a second emg was completed. Results were negative.

Time has past and all of these symptoms have come and go some times way more intense then others however the fatigue has continued. I have a history of Lyme disease. Diagnosed in 2002.

The feeling of tightness in my hands has returned as well as a bought with hazed vision over the past two weeks. The vision has cleared however

I have also experienced dull ache to sharp pain along the right side of my body. Always right sided. Anywhere from under my rib cage to right at the top of my pelvis. Could this be the ms hug ?

Sorry for the long messages. Thanks for your help

Comment

I am sorry for all the questions and long post but any input would be appreciated

Comment

It's difficult to have any answers when you haven't actually asked any questions!

...but I have a question: Have any of the doctors you've seen suggested what to do next? Even "call me when you have new symptoms" would be a relevant suggestion, but I have the impression that the neuro might not have even said that.

If there's no plan at all for follow-up, I would call your primary doc and ask what's next. In my opinion it's never acceptable for a doctor to just give up (without sending you to another doc).
        1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
        NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Thank you for tur response. I guess my main question was do my list of or progression of symptoms seem like something consistent with ms. To answer your question i have a follow up scheduled with the neuro for 4 moths from now. The past follow ups have just consisted of a 5 min update and then a basic Eval and then schedule follow up. Frustrating. And scary.
          Thanks again. Any other input is appreciated

Comment

First of all, I am sorry you are going through so much. Not having a positive test to explain some of these signs and symptoms is disappointing and frustruating I bet.

Did your neuro run lab tests, esp for Vit D and B 12? Hope so. But hang in there.. something IS going on. Let us know how you are doing and give us updates if you want to. We're here for you.

Warmly, Jan
            I believe in miracles~!
            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Originally posted by Kyhu3 View Post
              To answer your question i have a follow up scheduled with the neuro for 4 moths from now. The past follow ups have just consisted of a 5 min update and then a basic Eval and then schedule follow up.
              That would be like the "call me when you have new symptoms" approach.

If your GP & neuro have already done comprehensive testing (and it sounds like they have), they probably feel that the only option is to wait for more clues, or (if they're thinking MS) a new "attack."

If that's the case, it's especially important for you to call your neuro about any new symptoms ASAP ("new" as in totally unlike anything else you have experienced, which might include new symptoms in a new limb, for example).

Unfortunately, you may be in for a long wait. People on this forum have been diagnosed with MS in as little as a single trip to the ER, but for most it takes months or even years.

Good luck...
              1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
              NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Thank you again for your responses.

Jan yes he has done tests for vitamin D and B12. Every time he does a test for vitamin d it is low, 17 and 19. Those are the most recent values. The B12 seems to be normal. So I guess that would be a "positive" test. I have gone through 2-3 rounds of prescription vit d. My levels do rise and then with time seem to go back down.

Mark yes I guess that would be the wait and see approach. I agree I do need to contact him with new symptoms as and if they appear.

Is it possible for vitamin d levels so cause all of this ? I know a physician needs to answer this completely but just curious on your inputs.

I am so very scared as I am sure all of you are/were at one point in time. I appreciate your responses and support.

Do the above symptoms in the previous messages sound like ms type symptoms ??

Comment

I wouldn't know if vitamin D deficiency could be the cause of all of your symptoms. I am not a doctor, but you are very deficient in D. And it is not going to get better until you get your numbers up. I firmly believe that your levels should be between 50ng/mL and 80ng/mL. I believe you will feel better and I hope you do. Good luck

Comment

Wow I did not realize this. I believe the highest level reported for my vit d was 38. Which was almost 7 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                      I wouldn't know if vitamin D deficiency could be the cause of all of your symptoms. I am not a doctor, but you are very deficient in D. And it is not going to get better until you get your numbers up. I firmly believe that your levels should be between 50ng/mL and 80ng/mL. I believe you will feel better and I hope you do. Good luck
                      Jerry D is there something specific that makes you think I will feel better from the vitamin d ?? Sorry this is my anxiety Talking but I appreciate your response.

Comment

Working...
                      X