New here and want to share an idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here and want to share an idea!

Hi everyone, my name is Kate Milliken and I’ve had RRMS since 2006. In 2009, I made a documentary about my journey called (I can't post a link here as it is my first thread, but you can Google it if you want to watch!). I threw out my story in the most emotionally honest way I could and since creating it, I’ve had over 50,000 unique visitors view the site and still get 2-3 phone calls a week from people with MS wanting to talk about it. This, along with my own experiences, has made one thing very clear: as a community, we need a better way to connect not only by our individual experiences, but how we’re feeling about them.

For over a year I’ve been working on a solution and it is here - once again, I'm unable to post the link directly

I will post again here with more information soon! In the meantime, please check out , and feel free to email me directly to learn more about my newest venture.

**Moderators note: Per MS World rules you can not post your email or reference to your personal website in the body of a text. You may post your email in your personal profile and reference it in your text as well as your personal website**

I'm deeply grateful!

Kate Milliken

Hello and Welcome Kate!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Welcome Kate. We would be deeply grateful if you would just tell us what you want us to know instead of making us watch a commercial for something your selling. What is it?

Comment

Kate,
        I found your site about a month ago and I emailed you. I watched your youtube video and I was very touched and inspired. I hope that you are still feeling well. I am interested in hearing your idea.

Comment

Kate, I always enjoyed you interviews for NMSS, I'm interested in your ideas, Dale
          Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Hopefully, Kate will post the link to her website in her profile. I have viewed it, and it is well put together and worth watching.

~ Faith
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              Hopefully, Kate will post the link to her website in her profile. I have viewed it, and it is well put together and worth watching.
              Then why all the secrecy?

Comment

Originally posted by MSer102 View Post
                Then why all the secrecy?
                There is no secrecy involved MSer! Her email address and reference to website was removed as per guidelines. We encourage her (as well as any one else) to post their information in their User CP if they so choose.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

LOL! I don't mean secrecy by MS World! I mean why Kate says she wants to share an idea and then doesn't just tell us what it is. I don't understand why we have to be teased and manipulated - I have an idea but you have to watch a video first or go to a website first or email me first. It seems to me that if a person honestly wants to share something they just do it and don't make us jump through hoops first. So even if MS World had left all the information in we would still have to go somewhere else to find out something she could have just told us here. That's what I meant by secrecy.

Comment

Amen, MSer, amen!!
                    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I saw Kate Milliken's video about three years ago ... the video production is outstanding, but there was nothing all that unique about the content that would inspire me to call or e-mail as others have apparently done. And I suspect her credibility because of her positive portrayal of a woman who lives in her building, who is one of the most divisive and evil persons I have ever encountered.

As for the comment, "we need a better way to connect not only by our individual experiences, but how we’re feeling about them," I think we have plenty of ways to connect, including this website, and any one of those ways can be "better" if enough individual members commit to the objective. MSWorld, or any other tool for connecting with others, can only be as good as the sum of its individuals.

Comment

LOL---I dont know if I want to avoid going to the site altogether (don't want to be manipulated or solicited, why not just say idea in post?), or if I want to run to the site to see what all the fuss is about....
                        Made me smile anyway....I decided. I'm not going. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                        X