Troubled vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubled vision

I started having problems with my eyes this afternoon. It felt like I didn't have my glasses on, but I did!

I kept checking that my glasses were on cause my vision is sometimes slightly blurred and sometimes I'm also seeing double. But the double vision doesn't last very long. The blurriest has been constant since the afternoon.

I had an eye exam last week and I do need a stronger prescription. I'm also being sent for a vision test since Ive been seeing, now don't laugh, flies. This is Canada and the flies are frozen. I swear I see black things flying around. Not all the time though.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any ideas?

🐜🐜, or maybe I spotted the cow jumping over the moon!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

It sounds like you may have eye floaters. A lot of people have them - I have them bad. Floaters are little bits of cells or eye stuff floating around inside your eyeball so you see them. Most of them are normal but some of them aren't. When did you start seeing them? If you had an eye exam last week the doctor should have seen them then if they were there. Maybe they're the kind that aren't serious? I think the doctor would have told you if they were the bad kind.

If the blurry vision is new - that means different from when you were at the eye doctor - then it sounds like you should call your eye doctor and get checked again. Its better if the eye doctor checks you while your having the problem so he can see it.

Comment

Medications?

What kinds of medications are you on? I take Lyrica which helps with nerve pain, but it causes blurry vision.

Comment

I also take Lyrica 75 mg 3times a day, I've been on it for about a month.

I've always had floaters but these new ones are the size of flies. I mentioned it to the optometrist last week and she is supposed to schedule a vision test. I should call her back because I haven't heard from her yet.

My vision so far today is fine. Go figure!

Comment

Have you ever had ON? My left eye only sees light and shadows since ON blinded it in 2005 but although sometimes dim, the right is 20/20 and ive never needed glasses.

The right would be perfect except left distorts what it sees. It's like living with a permanent optical illusion. Things aren't exactly where I see them, or the right size, or colour, etc. Sometimes I get pixilation, floaters, all kinds of good stuff.

I wouldn't let it go too long without getting it checked. An Optomitrist will do, no need to wait 6 months +++ for an Opthamologist appt. Hope it goes away for you soon!
          Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

No Cat Mom, I've never had ON.

The only problem I ever had was ten years ago, from one day to the next I couldn't see well. I saw my optometrist, went from wearing no glasses to getting trifocals. That was a shocker!

Comment

Migraine?

I get those things that look like flies ... sometimes it's my MS and sometimes it's an aura b/c I'm getting/fighting a migraine. You can have migraine aura symptoms without the headache as well.

I'd talk to an opthamologist AND your neuro. about it. An optometrist is concerned about your vision where the opthamologist is more concerned about your eye health (though they'll check your vision too).

Comment

CaroleL,

Sounds like you may be having eye issues that aren't O.N.. That does not mean they aren't concerning. You should call your primary doctor (I you mentioned that you don't really have a neuro right now).

... the dish did run away with the spoon
                Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
                X