Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vertical Diplopia TRUE IMAGE on BOTTOM? Anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MinnieGirl View Post
    Did yours suddenly happen? Did you have Optic Neuritis? I think I may have had it because although there is no mention in the Radiologist report, my left eye looks way different than my right in the MRI done shortly after the first episode. I think based on the Ophthalmologist report and her recommendation she may have thought that's what it was although she didn't come right out and say it.

Thank you for reading and writing back, Minnie
    Minnie
    Sorry I can't remember if it came on suddenly. It has been too long ago that it started. If I had to guess, it probably came on suddenly.

I have never been diagnosed with optical neuritis. All the occular test for O.N. have been normal.
    MS is not a crisis in my life. It is just a chapter within my life.

Comment

Thank You Artteacher

I was just wondering because I had perfect vision and can tell you the dates I noticed the changes. That's how sudden and significant it was.

Like I said, my Ophthalmologist visit was the most thorough visit with a medical professional I ever had and if one has significant changes in vision, never wore glasses especially, and are undiagnosed, I would recommend seeing one. A good one will keep you there 4 to 5 hours and test for everything. I don't know what I have yet, but the Ophthalmologist is who got the ball rolling.

Thank you again for reading and writing back,
      Hugs Minnie

Comment

You guys were busy while I was away...lol.. Ok so I went to see the Optho-Neurologist. Good news and bad news. Good news is I was right it wasn't due to astigmatism. Bad news is he confirmed just as I thought but not in the same way. He said that I have Exophoria. Meaning my eyes at rest tend to go towards the wall and that most peoples eyes point to their nose. Yes I agree I had been visually seeing this happen. Then he said he thought I had it for awhile and said I could have prisms put in my glasses which are already pop bottles so I could put half the requirement which would be 10 or if it bothered me that bad I could have surgery to fix it.

Ok here is where I totally disagree. First after going home and reading I remember saying I was having problems reading right after my daughters birth. This was pre-double vision. I don't see how I would go with no problems to bam you need a 20 prism. That is big in the grand scheme of things.

Second when this originally happened the opthamologist only noted the right eye doing it. Months later still only the right eye. Only recently has the left eye done it. Which if you read about exotropias they start out that way and increase.

Third they at rest go yes out quite a bit but if I read with just one eye or focus on anything with just one eye they other will go all the way to the ear.

Last, sorry this is long, you should have it at only one distance near or far..not both...I have it with both.

I think he misdiagnosed an exotropia that will happen. Doctors like to focus on the easy solution and this doc was very much that type he asked me nothing other than is it happening right now. That's it. I asked why they other eye would go out when using one eye he said to rest. Really to rest all the way over by my ear?

The other thing I noticed is that I seem to be in a good place in otherwords not in a relapse. I don't have the problem even half as often as I did during the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by smittyditty View Post
          Last, sorry this is long, you should have it at only one distance near or far..not both...I have it with both.
          Where did you hear its not supposed to be both. I had it at both and my doctor said that was normal.

Originally posted by smittyditty View Post
          I think he misdiagnosed an exotropia that will happen.
          Why do you think that? You know with MS its impossible to predict what's going to happen.

Comment

MSer102-
            I read online that its supposed to be one or the other either your eyes have problems adjusting at nearsightedness or farsightedness not both.
            As for why I think it was misdiagnosed. Originally only one eye would go out. Not both. This was for three months. When I first went in for the double vision the optometrist said I had weak vertical muscles causing the double vision and that the right eye tended to go out. Now the left eye goes out and he says nothing of weak vertical muscles. Which is fine. My point is upon reading exotropias can form from exophorias. They can also start as strabismus in one eye. Or one eye having the exophoria. This along with the fact that it only seems to be horrible when in a relapse makes me think it will develop into the exotropia. Exotropia is neurological and to some extent exophorias can be too. However I don't agree that this has been there for several years. I have a -7 prescription I have to see an eye doctor every year. Not a single one has noticed this until it got to a -20 prism??? Not buying that either. Every so many nights I pluck my eyebrows looking with just one eye..until before the double vision my other eye never wandered off another point in that I think this is recent.

Comment

Working...
            X