MS Kids' Camp for central Pa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Kids' Camp for central Pa!

I know that a lot of people in the central Pa chapter of NMSS don't always know about the kids' camps each year, so I wanted to give a heads-up about this summer's camp. Last year, I asked if anyone knew what the kids' camp was like, and found that most people didn't even know our chapter had a yearly camp.

If you want to get information about it in the future, I think it helps a lot to have your name on file with the local NMSS chapter. This year's camp is going to be in August (15-18) and will be at a camp in Hopwood, PA. My kids LOVED it last year and were among a very few from this area, or even from our local chapter, who attended. Seemed like most kids were from New Jersey and Virginia last summer!

Anyway, my information (post card in the mail) says that if you want more information about the program or to register for it, to visit online (pac.nationalMSsociety.org; or I guess you could go to NMSS.org and click on the search for the local chapter). They also give a 1-800 number on my card. Not sure if I'm supposed to give out that information on here (though I don't know what the harm would be).

Would LOVE it if some more folks from central Pa would join my kids this summer! My daughter, who has an anxiety disorder and had never stayed away from home except with cousins, LOVED it and EVEN went on the zip line!! I am eager to look at the website for the different location and what they have to offer.

Moderators, I wasn't sure which was the best forum for spreading the word, so if there is another forum I can use, as well, please let me know or just copy my thread and stick it on wherever it needs to go. It's a great way for kids of MS patients to get to know other kids that deal with the same problems and to learn more about the disease WHILE having LOTS of fun doing outdoor activities and crafts. AND...it's very inexpensive!
    -Sherry

Hi Sherry! Thanks for posting this! The link for finding a chapter in your area is - http://www.nationalmssociety.org/fin...ter/index.aspx They should be able to tell you if there is a camp for your area.

Also, to search for a Kid's camp in your area - http://www.nationalmssociety.org/sea...start=0&num=20

I am moving this to General A & Q for more visibility as it's important to get the word out.

Thanks again! Hope those with kids can take advantage of this great program
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

This is excellent, thanks for passing along the information!
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Just wanted to get the word spread around and try to get more kids to come from our area.

Comment

Working...
        X