MY MS Yoga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY MS Yoga

Saturday I finally got around to trying the My MS Yoga video. My DH even joined in the fun. I lasted about 10 minutes. Maybe not even that long. When I had to put my head down, I started getting sick. It mucked me up for a couple of hours. I just had to lay down with my eyes closed to start feeling better.

Does anyone else just start feeling yucky if you look down, or even up for too long? I call it dizzy, but I don't really start spinning. I just get a headache and feel nauseous.

This is one reason I don't think I could ever go back and teach in the classroom. I couldn't look down at a student's work on his desk. I just start feeling yucky!
    Brenda
    Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Sometimes, not all the time, I get "woosy" when I look up. BTW=I believe you are thinking well about your inability to look at your students work/look down.
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I'm sorry Brenda. i don't understand what you mean. Is there something wrong with My MS Yoga?

Comment

Me Too

I just syarted getting dizzy about 2 months ago . If i move my head quickly I too get dizzy inner ear so I read can't get it to go away ..

Comment

Nothing is wrong with the My MS Yoga! It is me that can't do the MS Yoga without getting sick.

I will have to take it slow, maybe do all of the exercises sitting in a chair so I'm not looking down, or looking up. Don't know how effective that will be!

I was just excited to start the program, and instead got sick.
          Brenda
          Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

I have this same effect. If I look up then down or if I move to fast to turn or look up and down I get nauseaous as well. Do you know what might be causing this any ideas? I am going to ask my dr next time I go. Working out especially Yoga makes me sick as well haha

Comment

My guess is that, because MS seems to affect us all differently, it just depends where our lesions are located, and what myelin is damaged.

Our symptoms vary, and each of us has different abilities, different dis-abilities and inabilities, and differences in what our bodies and brains can, and cannot, tolerate.

I haven't tried My MS Yoga (although I ordered it, and it remains sitting, unopened by my DVD player!). But, for me, it isn't looking down that is difficult to tolerate. Rather, it is the up-and-down body movements, such as those involved in picking things up from the floor. Five minutes of that, and I am so-o-o done. All I can do is crash in the recliner for 30 minutes, with no TV on in the background, because even that is too much stimulation.

Yet, I can go on a 20-minute walk, or, do the 2 Curves circuits, successfully (although I don't push myself very hard) for 30 minutes.

Seems somewhat bizarre and incongruent. But, then; MS is bizarre.

~ Faith
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

The guys I work with are always quick to pick up something I've dropped because they're afraid I'll topple over getting it myself. I need to remember to use my knees rather than bending at the waist!
                Brenda

Comment

Question

Hi there - Where do you find this MS Yoga DVD? I need to try something ...

Comment

I think it was from a link on this website! Sorry, I got it months before I just tried to start it. It will be awhile before I try again, I'm afraid.
                    Brenda

Comment

If you go to msactivesource.com and click "register" at the top of the site and then register by giving them your information, you can select the MS yoga DVD as a free gift. I'm not sure if it's the same yoga DVD everyone is talking about or not.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for putting down that information. I'm just typing to this thread, and it is a banner at the top of my page.

It is a really good dvd. I unfortunately just can't do it at the moment.
                        Brenda

Comment

I, drastically, concur with Mamabug!
                          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
                          X