having a really bad day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having a really bad day

it literally took me over an hour to get up from the toilet to have enough strength to stand to use my walker to get out of the bathroom to my wheelchair in the hall. last night i fell trying to do the same thing and had to call the firemen to come help me up. i just seem to be getting worse and live in a house that is not wc compatable, but i can't get a new house. i guess i'm just venting thannks for reading
    Diagnosed December 20, 2011
    Avonex: February 10, 2012 - March 16, 2013
    Tysabri: June 28, 2013 - May 23, 2014
    Betaseron: August 15, 2014 - March 10, 2015
    Aubagio: June 18, 2015 - current

I am so sorry! You deserve to vent! Do you think you would qualify to have help come in to assist you? I don't know if you are on Medicare or not (Disability)? Sometimes they offer some services, sometimes not. Sounds like you could use it.

Are you all alone at home? I am sure sorry you fell last night.

It is sad that disabled people in the US are left alone with no help. I wish I had some comfort for you. I can only offer sympathy and a wish for better days!

Hope it gets better soon!
    Hugs
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I am so sorry LostCupcakes you had such a horrible experience last night! I see you are from Texas. Here is a link from the NMSS Chapter in your area. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/cha...er-/index.aspx

It might be helpful to call and talk to someone and see what services they offer for someone in you situation. It's worth a try!

You take care of yourself and stay safe
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

thank you for the kindness and info. my home situation is a bit unusual and unfortunately i cant talk about the specifics in case what i say gets to the wrong person. i do have help sometimes but even my help can only help with some things, they cant help me if i fall. i'm pretty much 250 pounds of dead weight so it takes the combined efforts of at least 2 firemen to get me off the floor. ugh thats so embarrassing

Comment

Lostcupcakes,

{{hugs to you}}
          I am so sorry you fell. At our "younger ages" it IS embarrasing to need help getting up. I hope you do call the Texas NMSS chapter. Ask to speak to a social worker, as they can point you to personally-specific resources.
          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Oh dear, your story is heartbreaking.. I feel for you!!

And are you alone?

You may need to consult your doctor. You have safety issues and that qualifies you for help I bet.

Just know that I am glad you reached out to us.. we're always here for you, know that ok hon?

Warmly, Jan
            I believe in miracles~!
            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

bless your heart!

I know falling can have repercussions for a long time
              i pray that you are ok and that you can get the help you need soon.
              sounds like you are getting up at night to pee. Would it help to have a portable pottychair by bed so wouldnt have to use wc to get to bath then walker to toilet. just an idea.. i know falling during night is more common than day plus more embarrassing with firemen and you in pjs
              take care and God bless ya!
              "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Had to call the firemen again tonight trying to get out of the bathroom. the really bad thing this time is i was being helped by two family members and i still fell. once my legs give out there's no recovery, i'm going down.

Comment

Lostcupcakes,

Perhaps it is time that you invest in a seat for you "bathroom needs" (I can't remember name of them, but they have a "bucket" underneath the seat, that you can urinate/etc in). I know they make them, and you could put it in an area that you anchor some "safety bars" (to help you steady yourself as you sit and stand). Sounds like you really need something like that.
                  Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
                  X