Leg feeling weightless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg feeling weightless

Has anyone ever had the sensation of their leg being "weightless" ? It is so hard to describe. My left leg has periodically started feeling like it is "floating" or weightless, if that makes sense.

Anyone else have any experience with something like this ?

Cosake, I used to have a feeling like you describe a few years ago. It felt so real that I would look down to see where my leg really was. No idea what caused it and it resolved spontaneously. Take care Dale
    Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Thanks, Dale. It comes and goes over the last week, so I'll just write it in my symptom log and hope it goes away by itself.

Glad to know I'm not the only one and that I'm not crazy ! All of my other symptoms match with MS symptoms, but this was a new one. )

Comment

I think numbness can feel like weightlessness too....my left leg feels weird all the time, sometimes heavy, soemtimes light, sometimes numb or tingly....

Comment

Thanks, Lemstar. I've had numbness in my legs before and this is definitely different feeling. But maybe it's because it is a sensation that comes and goes very quickly rather than something that stays and hangs around.

Comment

I have not had this, but when I first was diagnosed, I asked my cousin who has SPMS to tell me about her symptoms. She mentioned "floating legs" and I never knew exactly what she meant (guess I still don't but I have a better idea now).

Comment

weird feeling, isn't it?
              my major sx has been numbness throughout WHOLE body, usually i'm used to it.
              but there are times that i go 'looking' for an arm or a leg especially because they feel like they're just gone. not numb or tingly or heavy, just not there at all like i imagine amputees talk about 'ghost limbs'

good idea to document all new sxs no matter how severe or slight they are. it helps drs. map out how we're doing and also if you have cog fog as much as i do you need to write it down!

take care and God bless ya!
              "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Poohbar, like you, I sometimes search for my body parts. I sometimes wonder where my arm is because I can't feel it. I use my other arm to feel around till I find it. Lol! As if it disappeared!

I takes just one touch for my brain to remember that my arm is there, I feel it fine after.
                When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

I "think" it could be related to proprioception. Do you have a problem esp when it is dark? You know how you can "sense" you are on a step or edge and you'll fall if you are not supported? It is something like that.

When I had some weird "acute" episodes that may have been MS related but also had other "stroke-like" signs, I could not "SENSE" where to put my foot/leg as part of it.
                  So do some research on proprioceptors. It was a P.T. therapist who described it first to me a few years ago.

I also cannot "SENSE" pressure with my right hand/fingers. I cannot tell how hard to push on elevator buttons, mouse, "return" on keyboard..dialing numbers..things like that.

Good luck in figuring this out~

Jan
                  I believe in miracles~!
                  2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                  Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Thanks for the tip for something to look into mjan. I will also be talking to my neuro nurse this week about it.

@ Poohbear - I have a detailed journal of symptoms and anything I've had happen such as vaccinations, other medical issues, appointments, testing and medications, etc., going back as far as when I was diagnosed. )

Comment

Working...
                    X